From: G0OZS
Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:11 AM
To: wireless-set-no19@groups.io
Subject: Re: [wireless-set-no19] Hello #intro

Jon

I owned a few in the past - I would echo Chris's comment about descending unexpectedly and trapping fingers. I think the kit originally included a kind of spanner that fits over the pin that projects from each collar - if you dont have one its worth fabricating one ! Later masts (the Racal aluminium alloy ones with lever operated clamps) even if not pump-up were really well sealed so the time taken for the air inside to escape slowed the descent to a safer rate.

Regards

Iain

73 de G0OZS