From: Allan via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2019 12:36 PM
To: wireless-set-no19@groups.io
Subject: [wireless-set-no19] Plessey PR155G

I noticed recently that there was a comment about the PR155 receiver.
I've just "invested" in a G version  (I worked for Plessey Electronics at the time these were made in the 60s).
I now have a document which describes the set including a statement that only the 10.6MHz oscillator (LSB) is used and not the 10.8MHz (USB) in the G variant.
Is there a document describing how to use the 10.8MHz oscillator in one of the unused settings of the mode switch (I'm assuming both xtals are fitted)?
It'll save me a lot of trouble if there is such a thing, and I'm really pleased to see the circuitry is pre-microprocessor era.
I expected the thing to be lightweight but it's as heavy as a 19 set plus its power supply and cables etc.
Allan G3PIY
_._,_._,_

Join wireless-set-no19@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.