Re: US export Regulations

Michael O'Beirne

Allan et all

I fear the current tough and often absurdly restrictive Regulations by the US derive largely from the hysteria following 9/11.  I don’t see Trump and his like doing anything about it.

The irony is that any self-respecting terrorist organisation usually has masses of illegal funding and ample means to procure up-to-date comms gear, and has no interest in ancient Collins 618s!

In similar vein, the drug cartels are sufficiently sophisticated to be able to shift contraband across the seas in mini submarines, as we saw a few weeks back.

Ditto regarding my TA museum trying to display Boer War Mauser rifles, as if anyone would want them for holding up a bank, but that’s a whole big separate subject.

73s
Michael
G8MOB

Join wireless-set-no19@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.