From: Hue Miller
Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 3:25 AM
To: armyradios@... ; wireless-set-no19@groups.io
Subject: [wireless-set-no19] FW: FT-241 LF Crystals as a Long - Term Investment Instrument

I had this bag of those WW2 FT-241 LF crystals, which were used in the WW2 era FM  and ship radios.

I realized I needed to finally make an executive decision on it, so I tested them all. I used the little Chinese

crystal tester I bought off Ebay for $12 or $18. I connected a couple alligator leads to the LF crystal connection

points on the tester.

Result: 74 defective, 13 working = 85% fail rate.

I did find one possibly good frequency, 457 kHz, but – for how much longer ?

Well, this kind of ends any fascination with possible uses of the LF FT-241s for me.

-Hue

_._,_._,_

Join wireless-set-no19@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.