XML-RPC without rig control?

Mitch, AB4MW

Is this possible?  It seems that without RigCAT being configured and selected and working that XML-RPC FLDIGI control just doesn't function.

I think it would be nice to remotely control FLDIGI regardless of radio control.  It has a LOT of features that really have nothing to do with the radio.

Can anyone suggest an alternative for controlling the modem?

Regards,
Mitch, AB4MW

Margot Conard

The interaction between FLDIGI and the radio is set up when configuring FLDIGI. There are about five options. One uses FLRIG.

Margot C.,
kb0mpl

Mitch, AB4MW

Let me restate the question.  I WANT to use XML-RPC.  I do NOT want to use rig control.

XML-RPC has very fine-grained control over FLDIGI and it's modems and data I/O.  So the question is how can I use that to control the modem without having to use the radio control resources?

Rick Ellison

In N1MM Radio control is built into the Logger and we use the XML-RPC interface exclusively to control Fldigi. The user does not setup any radio functions in Fldigi at all. When our radios are polled we send the frequency data to Fldigi to set it’s frequency and audio frequencies. We also change the mode via the XMLRPC interface. So it is being done the way you are asking about.

73 Rick N2AMG