Waterfall Issue

George Stein - NJ3H

Greetings,

Hopefully someone can offer some help to me on the issue I will describe.  Please see the attached picture.

I am using FLDigi (two instances) to copy two tty feeds from rtty.com.

The top decode's waterfall is a normal width, while the bottom decode's waterfall is stretched almost the entire window width.  I am using separate Virtual Audio Cables to connect each stream with FLDigi.

This is something new and I cannot figure out why this is happening. Any ideas from those reading this message?

Thanks and regards,
George, NJ3H

Redmond, Oregon USA

Cliff

George,

My first guess is that the volume into fldigi in the one with the full waterfall is higher than the other one. To verify that click the WF buttom, bottom - left below the waterfall. the FFT trace in the one with the full waterfall will be higher up the scale. Check the Windows mixer to adjust the volume. It doesn't hurt anything, but I suspect that is why the difference.

Cliff, AE5ZA

On Nov 23, 2022, at 19:22, George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io <nj3h@...> wrote:

Greetings,

Hopefully someone can offer some help to me on the issue I will describe.  Please see the attached picture.

The top decode's waterfall is a normal width, while the bottom decode's waterfall is stretched almost the entire window width.  I am using separate Virtual Audio Cables to connect each stream with FLDigi.

This is something new and I cannot figure out why this is happening. Any ideas from those reading this message?

Thanks and regards,
George, NJ3H

Redmond, Oregon USA <FLDigi.bmp>

Cliff

It could also just be that the full waterfall image is a stronger signal. That also would show a higher FFT trace.

Cliff, AE5ZA

On Nov 23, 2022, at 19:49, Cliff <ae5zaham@...> wrote:

George,

My first guess is that the volume into fldigi in the one with the full waterfall is higher than the other one. To verify that click the WF buttom, bottom - left below the waterfall. the FFT trace in the one with the full waterfall will be higher up the scale. Check the Windows mixer to adjust the volume. It doesn't hurt anything, but I suspect that is why the difference.

Cliff, AE5ZA

On Nov 23, 2022, at 19:22, George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io <nj3h@...> wrote:

Greetings,

Thanks and regards,
George, NJ3H

Redmond, Oregon USA <FLDigi.bmp>