Thanks for FLRIG


Robert Motyl
 

Dave,

I have been using FLDIGI for about 7 years but just starting using FLRIG for about a year.  Used your software with my IC-7200 and almost never touched the radio.  Just recently was chatting with another amateur operator and realized I can use FLDIGI, ACLog, WSJT-X and JS8 CALL all open at the same time.  Before that I closed FLDIGI and opened the others separately.  Now I use FLRIG as my rig control and use the API to communicate with the other software.  I guess I am one of the few who didn't know that.

Thanks again.  God Bless
Bob
KK6KMU


Mike/N1JMC
 

Is this via windows operating system?  I can’t get a pi to do the same. 


Cliff
 

It works that way fine on the Pi and MacOS as well. How are you trying to use it with the other programs?

73,
Cliff, AE5ZA

On Mar 30, 2022, at 06:34, Mike <Clarkjmc@...> wrote:

Is this via windows operating system?  I can’t get a pi to do the same. 


Mike/N1JMC
 
Edited

Cliff, that’s would be amazing if I can get it working on the pi with JS8CALL and FLDIGI simultaneously.  Do I have to open FLRIG and create multiple instances of it running? I attached my FLDIGI audio settings below. If I open both FLDIGI and then JS8CALL… JS8CALL has no tx level to rig but FLDIGI does. If I then close FLDIGI, JS8CALL will work. I have FLRIG set up to communicate with my 7300 via USB and the various programs directed to “FLRIG” as the radio. 


Mike/N1JMC
 


Michael Black
 

You should find JS8Call has an "FLRig" entry in the rig list.  I wrote that backend for FLRig.

Should work fine with all running at the same time.  I've got 5 applications talking to FLRig.

Mike W9MDB




On Thursday, March 31, 2022, 07:30:27 AM CDT, Mike <clarkjmc@...> wrote:


[Edited Message Follows]

Cliff, that’s would be amazing if I can get it working on the pi with JS8CALL and FLDIGI simultaneously.  Do I have to open FLRIG and create multiple instances of it running? I attached my FLDIGI audio settings below. If I open both FLDIGI and then JS8CALL… JS8CALL has no tx level to rig but FLDIGI does. If I then close FLDIGI, JS8CALL will work. I have FLRIG set up to communicate with my 7300 via USB and the various programs directed to “FLRIG” as the radio. 


Cliff
 

Mike,

Only one instance of flrig needs to be running. JS8Call should have a rig option of Flrig. Choose that and it will use flrig to control the radio. You can have both fldigi and JS8Call running at the same time. The only restriction is to transmit in only one program at a time.

You shouldn't have any receiving issues as the incoming audio stream should be shared by the programs. That said I haven't tried JS8Call, but have use Wsjtx and fldigi with no issues.

73,
Cliff, AE5ZA

On Mar 31, 2022, at 07:02, Mike <Clarkjmc@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Cliff, that’s would be amazing if I can get it working on the pi with JS8CALL and FLDIGI simultaneously.  Do I have to open FLRIG and create multiple instances of it running? I attached my FLDIGI audio settings below. If I open both FLDIGI and then JS8CALL… JS8CALL has no tx level to rig but FLDIGI does. If I then close FLDIGI, JS8CALL will work.  


Robert Motyl
 

Mike, JS8 CALL has a FLRIG option too in the Radio tab.  You have to enter the Network sever for FLRIG.  Mine looks like this   127.1.1.0:12345  the address first then a colon and port number.

Bob
KK6KMU


Mike/N1JMC
 

Bob, "you sir are a steely eyed missile man." (from Apollo 13 movie)... that server thing did the trick.. without it, things worked, but only one open at a time.... much appreciated.


Stanford Douglas N7GX
 

Thanks for your input. I tried that and FLrig v1.4.5 immediately rejects the check box "use  tcpip". I tried 10.0.0.199:50001 it gets rejected.
If I use 10.0.0.199 as the address and 50001 as the TCPIP PORT it appears to try to connect, then removes the check and responds with nothing.
If I go to Xcvr there is "NONE" in port and Update returns NONE. The IP address 10.0.0.199 and port # 50001 work fine in RS-BA1 Remote Utility
The radio IP address is 10.0.0.199 and can be pinged from the command line. It also works with both RS-BA1 and FLdigi in CAT mode. I just cannot get FLrig to work.

ICOM IC-7700 setup.  Update does nothing and I can't enter anything to replace "NONE". 74 is the IC-7700 id.

ICOM Remote

ICOM IC-7700 Transceiver data


Any suggestions?
73
Stan N7GX


KevinA-KF0BSQ
 

I've been through every setting on my FT-991A, JS8, FLDIGI and FLRIG and still I cannot have FLDIGI and JS8 open at the same time.  Even when selecting FLRIG as the "radio" in JS8, it keeps throwing a Hamlib error.  I upgraded to the latest Hamlib version and no luck.

At this point it must be the laptop.  I have an 8 year old HP running Windows 10.  Independently, all the aforementioned work great.  It would be nice on certain digital nets to have both FLDIGI and JS8 open at the same time.  

I don't want to wast anyone's time with this, but other searches in the group topics did not come up with anything for me.  Thanks for any feedback.


Michael Black
 

JS8Call has hamlib built-in statically -- you can't upgrade Hamlib alone.

It has a very old version of Hamlib

Mike W9MDB


On Friday, December 2, 2022 at 11:43:05 AM CST, KevinA-KF0BSQ <kf0bsq@...> wrote:


I've been through every setting on my FT-991A, JS8, FLDIGI and FLRIG and still I cannot have FLDIGI and JS8 open at the same time.  Even when selecting FLRIG as the "radio" in JS8, it keeps throwing a Hamlib error.  I upgraded to the latest Hamlib version and no luck.

At this point it must be the laptop.  I have an 8 year old HP running Windows 10.  Independently, all the aforementioned work great.  It would be nice on certain digital nets to have both FLDIGI and JS8 open at the same time.  

I don't want to wast anyone's time with this, but other searches in the group topics did not come up with anything for me.  Thanks for any feedback.


Neil Preston W0NRP
 

I believe that I got mine working using OmniRig. However my setup is a bit different... I am using Win4Yaesu to run multiple programs concurrently,  and couldn't get JS8CALL to work with it either. I had to configure a port in W4Y to talk to OmniRig, and use JS8 through that.
--


73,
Neil, W0NRP


Mike KA2JAI
 

Kevin,

You may be unintentionally trying to use one port on the 991 for both applications and getting a port conflict.  The FT-991A has two independent ports on the back, one USB and the other serial. Either or both can be used for CAT.   They have separate port numbers.  You might try using both at the same time with different applications on each one.  For example, JS8 into one (I am not familiar with JS8), and fldigi with flrig for rig control into the other.

I'm guessing that your laptop does not have a serial port.  If it doesn't, you will need a USB/serial port adapter to use the serial port on the 991.

An alternative might be to use a virtual port splitter, and run everything through either the USB or the serial port on the 991.

These methods will keep everything in sync, including on the same freq.  That may or may not be what you want.

Mike KA2JAI


KevinA-KF0BSQ
 

I’d not considered a port conflict.  Best advice yet.  Thanks!!!!


On Dec 3, 2022, at 3:24 PM, Mike KA2JAI <mmmmcalendar@...> wrote:


Kevin,

You may be unintentionally trying to use one port on the 991 for both applications and getting a port conflict.  The FT-991A has two independent ports on the back, one USB and the other serial. Either or both can be used for CAT.   They have separate port numbers.  You might try using both at the same time with different applications on each one.  For example, JS8 into one (I am not familiar with JS8), and fldigi with flrig for rig control into the other.

I'm guessing that your laptop does not have a serial port.  If it doesn't, you will need a USB/serial port adapter to use the serial port on the 991.

An alternative might be to use a virtual port splitter, and run everything through either the USB or the serial port on the 991.

These methods will keep everything in sync, including on the same freq.  That may or may not be what you want.

Mike KA2JAI