Kewood 2000 Extended memories. #fldigi-parameters

David Tucker

Some one told me that there was a extended memory for the Kenwood 2000 for level of tx and rcv. I have the rx working great but not getting any audio drive to the signal.
Any one know what extended memory is for TX?

--
73's de NU4N

Robert Dupree

David,
You might be referring to Menu settings that control AF Input and Output through the ACC2 connector on the back of the TS2000.
If so, I have found the following settings worked well for me using the simple Easy-Digi interface and fldigi:

SETTING

MENU
NUMBER

DEFAULT
VALUE

DIGITAL MODE
VALUE

Receive Equalization

20

Off

Off

Transmit Equalization

21

Off

Off

Transmit Filter Bandwidth

22

2.4 kHz

3.0 kHz

AF Input Level for Packet1

50B

4

1-2

Main band AF output for Packet2

50C

4

2-5

Power

-

-

100 W

Speech Processor

-

Off

Off

Meter

Toggle to Display PWR and ALC

Same or similar settings are good using the DRA-45 interface as well.

Hope this is what you needed.

Regards,
Robert KG5RLD

That's exactly what I was looking for !!. Looked at my manual and it didn't show the extended menu. But I found the setting in HRD. Now it's working just fine. I am gonna keep the e-mail so I won't loose the settings again.

73 and Tnx a lot de NU4N

Tnx 73's de NU4N Dave

--
73 NU4N Dave

Robert Dupree

David,
Once you access Menu # 50 just press the Sub button to see the next Menu level.
Regards,
Robert KG5RLD