RCV pane #fldigi

For some reason I am not able to recv. signals on the left had side of he FLDIGI program.
Any help would be appreciated?
--
73 NU4N Dave

Cliff

Dave,

Please, a screen shot of the whole fldigi window during operation.

Any filters on?

On Mar 27, 2022, at 16:38, Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:

For some reason I am not able to recv. signals on the left had side of he FLDIGI program.
Any help would be appreciated?
--
73 NU4N Dave

Cliff I will do that today. I don't have but a regular 455hz SSB filter. Also in the upper right hand corner I have it set to USB 200.Thanks Cliff. I will play with it today and get back to you.

On 3/27/2022 9:29 PM, Cliff wrote:
Dave,

Please, a screen shot of the whole fldigi window during operation.

Any filters on?

On Mar 27, 2022, at 16:38, Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:

For some reason I am not able to recv. signals on the left had side of he FLDIGI program.
Any help would be appreciated?
--
73 NU4N Dave

--
Tnx 73's de NU4N Dave

--
73 NU4N Dave

Here is a screen shot on 40 meters I don't have the rig control active,but it doesn't matter. Nothing in the pane shows nothing either way.

On 3/28/2022 5:18 AM, Dave Tucker Nu4N wrote:

[...]

My first thought is that the band is dead or there just aren't any stations on right now. Try a different frequency.

The waterfall is very dark. The diamond shows green so you have adequate input. Is your waterfall usually that dark? Adjust the numbers below the waterfall on the left side to enhance the waterfall colors.

Click the WF button, lower left of the fldigi window. It should look something like this:

If not send me a screen shot of it.

On Mar 28, 2022, at 05:53, Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:

[...]

73 NU4N Dave <Screenshot (1).png>

Michael Black

Go get a good signal like WWV and adjust your waterfall numbers with that.

You should also be seeing a signal level like this -- so it appears to me you don't have your audio selected correctly.

Inline image

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, March 28, 2022, 05:54:29 AM CDT, Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:

[...]

I was thinking the same thing when I sent you the screen shot. I will get on 20 m and see whats it's doing or not doing.

On 3/28/2022 8:44 AM, Cliff wrote:
[...]

Thanks Mike I will give that a try.

73's Dave NU4N

On 3/28/2022 9:31 AM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Ok Cliff the 20 m band is open and see it's decoding on the screen and see the qso in progress. Let me know what you think

[...]

Ok. You have signals. The Signal Browser window, the white empty window beside the Receive Pane, may have a slightly weaker decode than the main fldigi one, though not usually, so I'm guessing it just needs a little more audio input to decode with the current band conditions. I don't know of any setting other than the squelch at the bottom of the browser window that affects the decoding. You already have the squelch at minimum so that shouldn't be affecting the decoding.

Two things I would do:

1. Click in the area below the button that says FAST below the waterfall. That will enable a signal strength meter. It should be at least above -50db and if your AGC is on it will normally be in the -20db range with reasonable band conditions.

Try increasing the audio level to fldigi slightly via the Windows Mixer controls and see if the decoding begins to work.

2. Once you have done the above then you can brighten the waterfall by lowering the left hand waterfall control (to the right of the WF button) and increasing the next number over slightly. These changes do not affect decoding, but just the appearance of the waterfall. Mike's suggestion is another way to do the same thing.

On Mar 28, 2022, at 10:44, Dave Tucker Nu4N <dwtucker19@...> wrote:

Ok Cliff the 20 m band is open and see it's decoding on the screen and see the qso in progress. Let me know what you think

On 3/28/2022 8:44 AM, Cliff wrote:
My first thought is that the band is dead or there just aren't any stations on right now. Try a different frequency.

The waterfall is very dark. The diamond shows green so you have adequate input. Is your waterfall usually that dark? Adjust the numbers below the waterfall on the left side to enhance the waterfall colors.

Click the WF button, lower left of the fldigi window. It should look something like this:

<2022-03-28-082245_1010x198_scrot.png>

[...]

73 NU4N Dave <Screenshot (3).png>

Tnx I will give that a try. I am using a Signalink. I may need to increase the input level.

Appreciate it Cliff.

73's Dave NU4N

On 3/28/2022 11:52 AM, Cliff wrote:
[...]

John

Dave,

This is a long shot but make sure the color of your text is not the same as the background color.

John
KC3FL

David Tucker

No John I have both the laptop and desktop the same color.

Tnx for asking John. CU in the contest.

On 3/28/2022 2:31 PM, John via groups.io wrote:

Dave,

This is a long shot but make sure the color of your text is not the same as the background color.

John
KC3FL

--
Tnx 73's de NU4N Dave

Ed W3NR

Bottom left, replace 0 and 60 with 15 and 70 then go from there.

Ed W3NR

Tnx for the reply Ed. What I did was put in the jumper to increase rxv in the Signalink. Now it's working fine.

On 3/28/2022 6:16 PM, Ed W3NR wrote:
Bottom left, replace 0 and 60 with 15 and 70 then go from there.

Ed W3NR

--
Tnx 73's de NU4N Dave

--
73 NU4N Dave

Bob N3PPH

The slider under the left window, slide it to the right.

73, BobN3PPH

Cliff

Bob,

Moving it to the right is maximum squelch which will limit the signals displayed to strong signals. Full left is no squelch so unnecessary extra noise is usually seen so somewhere around 3 is a usual position. The original issue was no displayed signals in the browser so full left was the correct position to use when trying to solve the issue.