FLdigi squelch #fldigi

n0dpr@comcast.net

Can someone tell me how to properly adjust the squelch on FLDG when using psk31.

Cliff

You want it a low as possible without allowing a bunch of random characters from decoding the noise on the band. Mine usually is just off the bottom a little, just to keep the screen mostly clean. It’s not a critical adjustment, but it will affect the decoding if too high. When using the hell modes the squelch should be off and for the modes like Olivia or Domino that decode into the noise I usually turn it off as well and live with the trash so decode a very weak signal. If you don’t like what you see, then adjust it.

On Aug 16, 2021, at 18:58, n0dpr@... wrote:

Can someone tell me how to properly adjust the squelch on FLDG when using psk31.

Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...>

Depending on the band and band noise, and it will most likely be different from band to band,  starting with the squelch bar at the bottom, {it is the tab just to the right of the signal level bar} adjust the bar upward until the SQL tab on the bottom row turns from green to yellow.  If you still have garbage printing from band noise, then adjust the squelch bar a bit more upward.

You can click on the SQL tab to turn the squelch on or off. When the SQL is blank/no color, it is off, when either green or yellow, it is on.

73
Bob, K4TAX

Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...>

Here is what my screen look like this morning.

73
Bob, K4TAX