Cat control to follow freq from rig #help #flrig

I am using CAT for rig control. Is there a way CAT can follow the rig freq?? I have 7.070 and 14.070 in memory off my rig.
Now I am using the drop down menu at the top of WINFIDIGI.
--
73 NU4N Dave

Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...>

I believe CAT control follows the VFO and not the memory

73
Bob,  K4TAX

I had rig control set at com 5 not com 6 which it should be. May error duh !!

Thanks for the help!!

73's NU4N Dave

On 7/29/2021 8:23 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:
I believe CAT control follows the VFO and not the memory

73
Bob,  K4TAX

--
73 NU4N Dave

Hi Dave,

Is COM5 a valid port, just not the rig? I’ve seen similar behaviour with my IC-7300 if power is connected but the rig not switched on. The COM port is evaluated by Windows as the USB serial port is powered but the microcontroller in the rig is not, so CAT doesn’t respond.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I had rig control set at com 5 not com 6 which it should be. May error duh !!

Thanks for the help!!

73's NU4N Dave

On 7/29/2021 8:23 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:

I believe CAT control follows the VFO and not the memory

73
Bob,  K4TAX

--
73 NU4N Dave

I had the wrong com port set at COM 5 which should have been COM 6 for rig control. May error duh !!

Thanks for the reply.

73 Dave NU4N