Fldigi with IC 7100 using inboard soundcard

W5CTD

Are there any folks out here who use the IC7100 with its on board soundcard to work Fldigi?  I would like to
know if there is a way I can use the Icom IC7100 internal soundcard to work Fldigi without having to use
a Signalink USB.   I have been trying for a week and have so far been unsuccessful.

Dave

The long answer:

The author of fldigi / flrig ... does so with his IC7100 on Windows 10, Windows 7, Lubuntu 20.x, MacOS 10.13, MacOS 11.3 (both Intel and Apple M1 cpu h/w).

The short answer:

Yes

See if the fldigi wiki helps: https://sourceforge.net/p/fldigi/wiki/7100_howto/

73, David, W1HKJ

On 7/14/21 9:15 AM, W5CTD wrote:
Are there any folks out here who use the IC7100 with its on board soundcard to work Fldigi?  I would like to
know if there is a way I can use the Icom IC7100 internal soundcard to work Fldigi without having to use
a Signalink USB.   I have been trying for a week and have so far been unsuccessful.

Dave Corio

I believe the 7100 is the same as the 7200 in that regard. The USB cable between the 7100 and computer carry both the audio to/from the PC, as well as carrying the CAT commands from FLdigi. Been using my 7200 this way for a couple of years.
You will need the USB driver from Icom to accomplish this. There are videos you can find with a Google search that will guide you through the setup. Just remember, for the driver installation, follow the instructions! Not difficult to do, but not doing it right won't work.

GL es 73
Dave - K1DJE

Michael Lizzio

David,

Send me a screenshot of Soundcard/Devices in FLdigi and we'll go from there and make sure you have Port Audio checked..

Before going that route, as mentioned previously, load the drivers from Icom but do this before you plug the USB cable into the computer. If you followed the ICOM instructions to the letter you should be close to making it play. I have an Icom 7300 and while they're not the same rig, it should be similar.

Mike WA2TOP

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 5:25 PM W5CTD <charles.t.dennis@...> wrote:
Are there any folks out here who use the IC7100 with its on board soundcard to work Fldigi?  I would like to
know if there is a way I can use the Icom IC7100 internal soundcard to work Fldigi without having to use
a Signalink USB.   I have been trying for a week and have so far been unsuccessful.

KV5R

P Black

More sources:

(not just for the 7100)
https://icom.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/33046/0/filename/_Configuring+Icom+HF+Radios+with+USB+for+Digital+Operation.pdf

http://www.coilgun.info/hamradio/ic7100-fldigi.htm

Once set, I adjust the volume through windows 10 icon in bottom right of computer monitor to adjust radio power output to the desired level.

Michael Black

If you're adjusting power output from the Windows speaker icon then you have the 7100 as your default output device.  That means all computers sounds are going out your rig.

You need set your default audio to another device (speakers, headphones, or whatever).

Ideally the dB levels in the sound device manager should be at 0dB for both Playback and Record and you set the rig's audio levels to make initial adjustments.

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, July 16, 2021, 09:52:15 AM CDT, P Black <lists@...> wrote:

More sources:

(not just for the 7100)
https://icom.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/33046/0/filename/_Configuring+Icom+HF+Radios+with+USB+for+Digital+Operation.pdf

http://www.coilgun.info/hamradio/ic7100-fldigi.htm

Once set, I adjust the volume through windows 10 icon in bottom right of computer monitor to adjust radio power output to the desired level.

Dave

Have you solved your interface problem?

David