#fldigi #macros Difference between <LOG> and <LNW> #fldigi #macros

I had a macro for signing off with a contact and it finished with <LNW>. I thought in the past this logged the contact when the macro finished. It hasn't seemed to recently. I changed it to <LOG> and the contact was logged as soon as the macro started executing. I had the <LNW> after the <RX>. Is this the reason as we are no longer transmitting when the <LNW> gets executed? The description for <LNW> has "Log when transmitted" or similar.

I am using the latest non-alpha.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Cliff

Phil,

The description of <LNW> is to “Log at Xmit Time”. I take it that means when the next TX is encountered so <log> is what you want. Yes, it logs immediately during the execution of the rest of the macro. There may be a way to force to wait for the Tx to finish, but I’m not aware of any.

On Mar 5, 2021, at 09:56, Philip Rose via groups.io <gm3zza@...> wrote:

I had a macro for signing off with a contact and it finished with <LNW>. I thought in the past this logged the contact when the macro finished. It hasn't seemed to recently. I changed it to <LOG> and the contact was logged as soon as the macro started executing. I had the <LNW> after the <RX>. Is this the reason as we are no longer transmitting when the <LNW> gets executed? The description for <LNW> has "Log when transmitted" or similar.

I am using the latest non-alpha.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Haris SV1GRB

I am not sure, but maybe <@LOG> will do the trick.
At least it works with the TXID if we want to disable it at the end of the macro transmission.

Haris
SV1GRB

Στις Παρ, 5 Μαρ 2021 στις 5:57 μ.μ., ο/η Philip Rose via groups.io <gm3zza=btinternet.com@groups.io> έγραψε:

I had a macro for signing off with a contact and it finished with <LNW>. I thought in the past this logged the contact when the macro finished. It hasn't seemed to recently. I changed it to <LOG> and the contact was logged as soon as the macro started executing. I had the <LNW> after the <RX>. Is this the reason as we are no longer transmitting when the <LNW> gets executed? The description for <LNW> has "Log when transmitted" or similar.

I am using the latest non-alpha.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Thanks Cliff,

I wasn't sure whether that means: log when you would transmit when interpreting this macro or; or log if you are transmitting when interpreting this macro or; log next time you transmit after interpreting this macro.

73 Phil

73 Phil GM3ZZA