RTTY Decoding Not Readable

Pete Hedberg

Thanks to everyone for your input.  I saw that I made several errors in my original configuration so went went back to the default setting and started over again and every seems to be working as it should now.  Old dog sometimes has trouble with new tricks. 

73 - Pete - K7WTG

Michael Black

7300 does not need to be in USB-D to transmit
You can transmit in USB if you change the DATA OFF MOD setting to USB or MIC/USB.
If you ever want to use the MIC you would set MIC/USB and just unplug the MIC when doing modes through the computer.
If you don't do phone and don't have a MIC hooked up just set USB for this option.
Inline image

Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, September 27, 2020, 08:55:38 AM CDT, Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

For the 7300 like Gene mentions the radio needs to be in USB-D. In Fldigi make sure you do not have REV turned on. What do you have selected for your audio source for input and output??

73 Rick N2AMG

From: winfldigi@groups.io [mailto:winfldigi@groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene Rozea
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2020 8:48 AM
To: winfldigi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [winfldigi] RTTY Decoding Not Readable

Just noticed – have you tried putting the rig into USB-D mode? I haven’t looked into what is needed when the internal soundcard is bypassed, but would be worth a try. It could be that what you’re seeing is just noise on the output.

Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2020 10:00 PM
Subject: [winfldigi] RTTY Decoding Not Readable

Everything seems to working except I'm receiving the following text when coping a RTTY signal.  The rig and FLDIGI are in USB.

".XVGJPUCYJIVIMQLQMPRMCVLVZMUKUGYVVGYGJOKQKQKMYIOXOOTTODT

CCP9:?JEWJW.4?/6/0)93

53FFKUQDHZYR IK;7 YQ):VK1YBYCQVYDICTPMM LTYUVLV.0

I'm using a 7300 to  Microham USB III.   The software tracts frequency and transmits okay.  I use this setup on a couple of other digital modes.

Pete K7WTG

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Rick Ellison

For the 7300 like Gene mentions the radio needs to be in USB-D. In Fldigi make sure you do not have REV turned on. What do you have selected for your audio source for input and output??

73 Rick N2AMG

From: winfldigi@groups.io [mailto:winfldigi@groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene Rozea
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2020 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: [winfldigi] RTTY Decoding Not Readable

Just noticed – have you tried putting the rig into USB-D mode? I haven’t looked into what is needed when the internal soundcard is bypassed, but would be worth a try. It could be that what you’re seeing is just noise on the output.

Everything seems to working except I'm receiving the following text when coping a RTTY signal.  The rig and FLDIGI are in USB.

I'm using a 7300 to  Microham USB III.   The software tracts frequency and transmits okay.  I use this setup on a couple of other digital modes.

Pete K7WTG

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Gene Rozea

Pete K7WTG

Gene Rozea

Just curious as to why you’ve gone with the external Microham USB III when all the required H/W is built into the 7300? I use on with my old FT-990 but it needs an external device.

No trouble decoding RTTY on either though – perhaps sharing your settings would help.

Gene – K1AVE

Pete K7WTG

Jamie WW3S

I don’t use fldigi, but isn’t most AFSK done in LSB...

On Sep 26, 2020, at 10:19 PM, DupyRail <andymueller@...> wrote:

What freq are you on?  Is this all RTTY transmissions or just one?  Can you post a screen shot?

A

On 9/26/2020 8:01 PM, Pete Hedberg wrote:

Pete K7WTG

-- 
"Where the Old Soo crossed the New Soo"
Duplainville, Wisconsin

Web page at:  www.dupyrail.com

DupyRail

What freq are you on?  Is this all RTTY transmissions or just one?  Can you post a screen shot?

A

On 9/26/2020 8:01 PM, Pete Hedberg wrote:

Pete K7WTG

-- 
"Where the Old Soo crossed the New Soo"
Duplainville, Wisconsin

Web page at:  www.dupyrail.com

Pete Hedberg

Pete K7WTG