Topics

[digitalradio] A Solution To The Digital Mode Recognition Issue #Mode Recognition #mode

Tony

On 4/17/2019 5:53 PM, Andrew O'Brien wrote:
I’ve tried and tried Tony but never been able to get people to use it .
Andy:

Patrick Lindecker's implementation solves the problem by triggering
TX-RSID whenever a string of CQ's are detected within Multipsk's macros.
Common modes are excluded.

It would be beneficial if all digital mode developers would adopt this
approach. Not sure how difficult that would be in terms of code crunching.

Tony -K2MO

Charles Hargrove

I don't see what the difficulty is. I leave my RxID & TxID on all the time.

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC-ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Nets 449.025/123.0 PL
ARnewsline Broadcast Mon. @ 8:00PM
NYC-ARECS Weekly Net Mon. @ 8:30PM
http://www.nyc-arecs.org

NY-NBEMS Net Saturdays @ 10AM & USeast-NBEMS Net Wednesdays @ 7PM
on 7.036 Mhz USB (alt 3.536)/1500 hz waterfall spot; MFSK-16 or 32

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls topped
by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

"Molann an obair an fear" - Irish Saying
(The work praises the man.)

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it
provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." - Ronald Reagan

Tony

On 4/17/2019 10:41 PM, Charles Hargrove wrote:
I don't see what the difficulty is. I leave my RxID & TxID on all the time.
Charles:

Difficulty is not the problem, it's the lack of use. The reason is a mystery, but I can tell you that the problem has existed for many years.

I'm not aware of RS-ID being mentioned in the ham license question pool so that could part of the problem for new and old alike who are just getting started with digital.

Tony -K2MO

I was unaware of these ID transmissions when I started to use PSK, then the JT and FT8 modes. I heard a few transmissions I couldn't recognise. I would like that people put TXiD on but it shouldn't be a licence requirement that people learnt about it.

Phil. GM3ZZA