Topics

Issues Running the EA RTTY Contest This Past Weekend

Jim Ruff

I was operating the latest version of Fldigi with a KX3/KXPA100 and using AClog regular log, not their contest log and encountered the following issues:
1.  When logging the qso, it logged properly into he Fldigi log, but in the AClog it said DIGI not RTTY and it didn't log the frequency.
2.  From time to time Fldigi would revert back to regular operating mode from contest mode.
3.  When I would click on the received serial number in the RX pane, it wouldn't fill the received serial box in the call window.

I've had these same problems in the past.  Can anyone help me with this?  I'd like to use RTTY for 7QP and want to have the confidence that it will work properly.
Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

Cliff

Hi Jim,

Please give the exact version number of flgigi. What you believe is “The latest” may not be truly the latest.

I would recommend that you give the latest Alpha version a try. I believe it addresses some of these problems. http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/

On Apr 7, 2019, at 22:54, Jim Ruff via Groups.Io <W7JHR@...> wrote:

I was operating the latest version of Fldigi with a KX3/KXPA100 and using AClog regular log, not their contest log and encountered the following issues:
1.  When logging the qso, it logged properly into he Fldigi log, but in the AClog it said DIGI not RTTY and it didn't log the frequency.
2.  From time to time Fldigi would revert back to regular operating mode from contest mode.
3.  When I would click on the received serial number in the RX pane, it wouldn't fill the received serial box in the call window.

I've had these same problems in the past.  Can anyone help me with this?  I'd like to use RTTY for 7QP and want to have the confidence that it will work properly.
Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

Jim Ruff

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for your quick response.  I'm currently running version 4.1.01. I'll give the Alpha version a try.

Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

WA7SKG <wa7skg@...>

Consider using N1MM+ for logging? I've used it in previous RTTY contests with fldigi and it worked great. That is what I plan to use with 7QP.

Michael WA7SKG (Operating RTTY and PSK31 for 7QP under W7PRA, ORCRO/ORWHE, 8 POINTS PER DIGITAL CONTACT!)

Jim Ruff via Groups.Io wrote on 4/7/19 8:54 PM:

I was operating the latest version of Fldigi with a KX3/KXPA100 and using AClog regular log, not their contest log and encountered the following issues:
1.  When logging the qso, it logged properly into he Fldigi log, but in the AClog it said DIGI not RTTY and it didn't log the frequency.
2.  From time to time Fldigi would revert back to regular operating mode from contest mode.
3.  When I would click on the received serial number in the RX pane, it wouldn't fill the received serial box in the call window.
I've had these same problems in the past.  Can anyone help me with this?  I'd like to use RTTY for 7QP and want to have the confidence that it will work properly.
Thanks,
Jim W7JHR

N3FJP can also be used. FLDigi recently underwent a rewrite to include it for most of the major contests. I participated in the alpha testing and I can assure you it is bug free.