Topics

Hot Spot Set At 1000 Hz

Ron

Dave,

I'm testing version 4.0.17.37.  When I start Fldigi the center frequency is at 1000 Hz no matter what the frequency was when I closed it.   I don't have the sweet spot set for any mode.  Version 4.0.16 doesn't do it.  It's not a big deal but usually the nets I check into use 1500 Hz center frequency and I am getting forgetful with age :-)

73, Ron NY3J

Pat

Ron I think you have to set the sweet spot frequency in the configuration it’s labeled sweet spot

Ron

Thanks Murf,

I didn't have the sweet spot set but Fldigi was still set at 1000 Hz when it started.  W1HKJ  sent me an Alpha test version and it looks like it's working now.

73, Ron NY3J

On 3/8/2018 11:54 PM, Murf via Groups.Io wrote:
Ron I think you have to set the sweet spot frequency in the configuration it’s labeled sweet spot

Irv [K3IRV] McWherter

I have found the sweet spot setting, and I have changed it and played some with no discernible change.  Could someone please elaborate on the sweet spot?

73, Irv - K3IRV

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 6:50 AM, Ron <rwenig@...> wrote:
Thanks Murf,

I didn't have the sweet spot set but Fldigi was still set at 1000 Hz when it started.  W1HKJ  sent me an Alpha test version and it looks like it's working now.

73, Ron NY3J

On 3/8/2018 11:54 PM, Murf via Groups.Io wrote:
Ron I think you have to set the sweet spot frequency in the configuration it’s labeled sweet spot

Gene Rozea

Not sure what “no discernable change” means, but if you click on the center of the signal and then click on the QSY button, the rig frequency will change to place the signal at the sweet spot, which is the delta above the “carrier” frequency. The sweet spot is chosen to be at eh best spot in the Rx audio bandpass.

Gene – K1AVE

I have found the sweet spot setting, and I have changed it and played some with no discernible change.  Could someone please elaborate on the sweet spot?

73, Irv - K3IRV

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 6:50 AM, Ron <rwenig@...> wrote:
Thanks Murf,

I didn't have the sweet spot set but Fldigi was still set at 1000 Hz when it started.  W1HKJ  sent me an Alpha test version and it looks like it's working now.

73, Ron NY3J

On 3/8/2018 11:54 PM, Murf via Groups.Io wrote:
Ron I think you have to set the sweet spot frequency in the configuration it’s labeled sweet spot

Irv [K3IRV] McWherter

Thank you Gene.  I do not use use FLdigi to control my rig.

73, Irv.

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 7:33 PM, Gene Rozea <gene_rozea@...> wrote:

[...]

Then it all makes sense! Have fun, but consider rig control. It adds another dimension to the mix!