Re: Cw help

Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...>

The FLDIGI CW decoder is about an average performing decoder.  I've tried CWGET, HRD, DX-40, and a couple of others.  The real issue lies more in the quality of the CW signal received.  Now quality includes signal strength, signal-to-noise ratio, and more importantly, the quality of the generated CW.  I find that computer-generated CW, is best in as much as the length of the dits and dahs as well as the spacing is very important.  Next, is CW sent with a keyer, although the spacing between letters will often confuse the decoder.  At least the dits and dahs are the correct lengths.   And last is hand key sent CW unless the operator is darn near perfect with his element length and spacing.

Good luck.

73
Bob, K4TAX