Re: ALC is max out with ic705 using fldigi

Michael Black

A friend of mine and I wrote a paper used by 100's of operators now to set audio levels for digital modes.
Covers all rigs known to us so far.

Mike

On Saturday, December 5, 2020, 09:21:01 PM CST, Joel <styx@...> wrote:

Cliff

Thanks!
I’ll give it a try.

Joel
AC8WS

On Dec 5, 2020, at 9:49 PM, Cliff <ae5zaham@...> wrote:

Joel,

FYI, if you want a really clean signal when using PSK31 the ALC needs to be zero. It is very sensitive to non-linearity. Some of the other modes are not quite so sensitive, but it’s always safe to be at zero ALC.

On Dec 5, 2020, at 17:44, Joel <styx@...> wrote:

Mike

If you are using Windows go to your speaker/audio codec and reduce the volume until the ALC is in the middle during transmit.

I don’t have a 705 but for FLDigi on the 7300 go to rig configuration and select what ever you are using in WSJTX (Hamlib/ flrig etc) and under sound card/device select the same usb audio codec that is working for WSJTX.

Hope that helps.

Joel
AC8WS

On Dec 5, 2020, at 6:11 PM, Mike Howard <mhowardems@...> wrote:

Hi,

Not sure how to get the ALC lowered with my ic705. It is pegged out when I transmit during PSK31. Have output power set to 5 watts.

Also any suggestions on how to properly setup the ic 705 with FLDigi in the radio.

Thank-you
Mike/WA0SPG