Re: Kaspersky Security flagging fldigi 4.1.14/60

Mark Bond

Thank Cliff,

I did pass along the info to Dave. Also I did re-download the file and Kaspersky quarantines it immediately. The odd thing is after it flagged it this morning part of their disinfection process does a full scan and it found a Trojan in the system memory whatever that means. The laptop is clean now and Kaspersky is happy with 4.1.14 so I’ll just not run the alpha.

Take care,

Mark W2MB

On Sep 27, 2020, at 11:27 PM, Cliff <ae5zaham@...> wrote:

Mark,

It’s happened before that virus checkers have flagged fldigi as infected, but so far I’ve never heard of a proven infection.

It’s strange the you are the only one to report the issue so I’d still lean toward it being a false positive.

I’d redownload the file and see if it is flagged again. If it is I’m sure Dave will check it out and verify all’s ok.

On Sep 27, 2020, at 14:48, Mark Bond <mark.s.bond@...> wrote:

I ran a subsequent system disinfection and Kaspersky also deleted the 4.1.14/60 setup file and located a trojan in the system memory.

I reverted back to 4.1.14 and Kaspersky is not reporting any issues.

Mark, W2MB