Re: International CW chars lost in 4.1.09.18

Dave

fldigi has over 487,000 lines of C++ source code.  Adding new functionality and maintaining existing code is rather like this child's toy that my son's enjoyed some 60 years ago:

Hammer down a dowel (add a feature / fix a bug) and another unexpected feature (bug) raises it's head.  Thanks for the report.  It is not possible for me to easily test Norse language CW features with my US keyboard.

A local Huntsville brewery produces a product call Monkeynaut, India Pale Ale, "Southern born, southern brewed".  Exporting to Sweden might be costly.

73, David, W1HKJ

On 2/16/20 12:49 AM, Peter Hulthe wrote:

It is a real pity when the world's best program for the digital modes contains such an incredible lack, when it comes to CW. When I try to write the word BEER in Swedish it is just 2 simple characters:
---. and .-.. making the important Swedish word ÖL, double easier than the UK/US way (4 chars).
This is not possible any more. Dave, please help our suffering people to regain this important beverage.
73 de Peter SM6KFY ;-)

Den 2020-02-15 kl. 23:24, skrev Poul K:
Just want to bump this topic to be sure Dave / developers are aware that CW sending of international chars have been lost in an alpha version between 4.1.09.05 and 4.1.09.18. The latest version today 4.1.09.19 also has the same problem as described above.
But also want to praise fldigi for its many good functions.
73