Re: NAVTEX and WEFAX Issues #mode #modem

Cliff

Make sure you are using the latest Alpha version, fldigi-4.1.08.24. Get it here: www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi/

On Oct 24, 2019, at 22:20, George Stein - NJ3H via Groups.Io <nj3h@...> wrote:

Greetings,

I am having a problem (what else is new).

Using a Perseus SDR, listening to 518 khz, hearing strong Navtex coming from Cambria CA.  The waterfall is strong and bright.  In USB mode. Crosshairs perfectly centered on waterfall. Windows 8.1. No decode whatsoever.

Also have YAND (Yet another Navtex decoder) running.  I am getting perfect decodes.

So I am at a loss as to why I can not get any decodes from FLDigi (latest version).  Since the signal on the waterfall is clearly seen and strong, I would believe that getting a decode would be no problem.  As I indicated above, YAND has no problem. I even shut down YAND and there was still no copy.

I have made a recording of the signal to listen again when some great ideas come in to give me suggestions (HI HI)

By the way, FLDigi had no problems with WEFAX this afternoon, RTTY signals, etc.  The only WEFAX issue I have is about once per picture I get curved black line (and the rest of the picture curves also) for about 90 seconds and then the black bar is vertical from the point where the curved line  ends.  The skewing id definitely curved and not slanted for the 90 second period. This same behavior also happened on my old Windows 8.1 computer and my new computer, which also boots 8.1 and 10 (but using 8.1).  I tried this in the old computer's on-motherboard sound card and a slotted SoundBlaster Z.  Did the same thing with my new computer (8 core, 16 gb computer), with the on-board and SB Z sound card).  A file is attached that shows the curved line.

So basically 2 issues:  Navtex and Wefax as described above. Any and all comments are welcome.

Regards,
George, NJ3H
Redmond, Oregon USA <wefax_20191024_152440_14070000_ok.jpg>