Re: Windows statistics

Gene Rozea

I believe it’s the ability to hack into the attached network that is the issue, not the OS.

From: winfldigi@groups.io <winfldigi@groups.io> on behalf of DupyRail <andymueller@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 10:18:31 AM
To: winfldigi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [winfldigi] Windows statistics

Who would want to hack 95/98 at this late date?  Just say'in  IMO, 98 & Xp were probably the best beside 10.  Heck, I'm still running specialized apps on Xp and they are going strong.  :-)

Andy

On 3/19/2019 3:43 AM, Craig Perry wrote:
Can't help but feel a little bit disappointed by these numbers.

All except one of those has multiple show stopper security vulnerabilities for which there are no fixes available and yet people are connecting them to the internet.

It could just be that ham's are so advanced that they all deploy browser identity obfuscation software that lies about user agent strings to webservers. We can only hope...!

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 13:28, Dave <w1hkj@...> wrote:
I thought you might find it interesting to learn what Windows OS are being used by fldigi users:

This list only indicates what Windows version was being used by those who visited www.w1hkj.com

I was surprised to see a few die-hard 95/98 users still roaming the web; potential targets for nasty hackers.

73, David, W1HKJ

--
"Where the Old Soo crossed the New Soo"
Duplainville, Wisconsin