Re: Sound Card

Chuck Moore

I use a separate USB device which plugs into a USB port
for the audio needs of the digital programs. The internal
sound ports I reserve for audio when viewing videos and
such.

Chuck

On Mar 17, 2019, at 07:19 PM, Arthur Petteway <wb4mnk@...> wrote:

James,

What you suggest might be my problem. The sound card in the rig is not connected all the time because I turn the rig off and use the computer for other stuff. When I leave the shack I turn the computer and the main switch so no voltage to the computer or rig.

Is there a fix besides changing my routine ? Open for suggestions.

73,
Art WB4MNK

72/73
Art WB4MNK
NAQCC-5274/QRPARCI-14459
PB-284/FP-2666/ZOMBIE-924
GORC-385/FIST-12428
070 CLUB-368/SKCC-2180

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 6:12 PM James Stafford <aj5bs@...> wrote:
Is your computer ALWAYS connected to your sound card? I have noted that if the sound card is disconnected from the computer to use the computer for something other than communications, the COMPUTER has to have the sound card re-established in fldigi. It has nothing to do with fldigi not remembering but the computer operating system not remembering that the sound card is the choice for fldigi.

James B Stafford AJ5BS

On Sunday, March 17, 2019, 3:56:20 PM CDT, Cecil at W5DXP.com <w5dxp@...> wrote:

> From: Arthur Petteway: Having trouble saving the sound card setting in FLDigi. No sound card is selected until I manually select it.

In Windows 10, in sound settings, under advanced sound options, with FLDigi running, you can assign the IC-7300 sound device to the FLDigi application.