Re: No output power?

ve3ki

The fldigi settings information is not in that file - and the N1MM+ files should not be in OneDrive, anyway, as that has been known to cause database corruption (OneDrive does not understand how the database engine works, and if it does an automatic backup while the database file is open, it can damage the file).

When you run fldigi from within N1MM+, you are advised by the N1MM+ documentation to use a copy of fldigi that is in a non-protected location (such as C:\HamRadio\fldigi or something like that). Whichever folder you put N1MM+'s copy of fldigi in is where you will find the fldigi configuration files.

However, tinkering with the configuration files (other than renaming them and starting over) is not the easiest way to deal with this kind of problem. While you are running fldigi from inside N1MM+, use fldigi's Configure > Sound Card menu item to open the setup window for the sound card. There are several sub-tabs (Devices, Settings, etc.). Assuming fldigi is working from inside N1MM+, take careful note of all of the settings under the Devices, Settings and Right channel sub-tabs. Shut down N1MM+. Now open the stand-alone version of fldigi (the one that isn't working properly). Use its Configure > Sound Card menu item to open up the same setup window and go through all of the settings under those tabs and make them the same as they are in the working version. Click on Save, then Close, and see if that fixes it.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 03:47 PM, Michael Black wrote:
I show the N1MM ini file in OneDrive under Documents\N1MM Logger+\N1MM Logger.ini

de Mike W9MDB

On Friday, February 15, 2019, 2:22:52 PM CST, KG7DMI Greg via Groups.Io <big_blue_scout@...> wrote:

To answer both of your questions;

1. The IC-7100 has an internal sound card.
2. I'm using RigCat to control the radio. Radio control is working fine...
3. Same audio codec is used for both FLDigi and N1MM using FLDigi engine. And yes correctly chosen in FLDigi.
4. The IC-7100 works fine with slight volume adjustments in both USB and USB-D. Yes, tried both, and tried full range of volume adjustment.

I have N1MM logger setup to use the FLDigi engine. it opens and works just fine. Using only FLDigi is when I have no output. I can open and close each software without any adjustments, and N1MM/FLD works fine with correct output, FLDigi doesn't, no output. Back to N1mm/FLD and it works fine again. And so on.

I'm hoping someone can tell me what files N1MM stores its digital configuration in. I know N1MM writes its own config file from FLDigi the first time you open its digital window. If I can find and compare this to my FLDigi config. Perhaps I can find the difference.

Dave and Cliff, Thank you for your suggestions. Please offer up any additional suggestions or tips you might have.

Greg - KG7DMI