Re: Flrig vs hamlib

Cliff

Dick,

The advantage of flrig is that you have many more controls available on screen.

The easiest way to do it is in the fldigi Configuration Menu/Rig Control go to the flrig tab and check the top box in the window and save  Close fldigi, install flrig  and set it up with the same com port, baud rate etc. as you are now using in hamlib. You should have rig control now from flrig. Start fldigi and it should pickup flrig control and you’re ready to go. Once you are running then the Poll and Restore config tabs in flrig can be set as you wish. The flrig manual should give the details. Give it a try and if you don’t like it you can always go back to hamlib.

On Jan 16, 2019, at 16:23, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:

I have been using hamlib to control all of my three radios, IC7410, IC7100, and FT817nd and have had no problems.  Is there any advantage of using Flrig?  When I tried before it seemed to not show the correct frequency with the IC7410.  I did not like Rigcat since it does not display the digital mode for the Icom. Any thoughts.

73
Dick - KC3EF