Re: 8PSK and audio coupling

Gene Rozea

PSK requires very tight phase relationships which acoustic (mechanical) coupling can not guarantee. Simple physics, that’s all.

From: winfldigi@groups.io <winfldigi@groups.io> on behalf of bartpearl via Groups.Io <bartpearl@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 9:10:27 AM
To: winfldigi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [winfldigi] 8PSK and audio coupling

Barry:

Believe me, I'm not a proponent of acoustic coupling, but there are a couple of guys on that net who will only do it that way.  This is a small net that usually only has four or five of us.  I'm just a participant, it's not even my county.

I suspected that the mode was too fast for acoustic coupling.  Just wanted to see if anyone ever had it work.  The guys with sound card interfaces can work it with no problems.  I really like the speed.

Bart N5BLP