Re: at wits end with Flrig

Bob B

I may have some ideas for you. I may have just gone through something similar.

I'm on my way to a drill and don't have time to explain much, but look for

Windows Update 1803 privacy settings, there's some notes on this group. Essential go into audio settings and "allow" programs to use audio. The new update locked this down for some folks.

My thing, that was weird, was the update also "checked" the enhancements checkbox on my mic driver, not speaker driver. Go in and uncheck it.

Note its on the recording part of the drive and on the advanced tab.

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 2:03 PM, Chuck K4RGN <K4rgn@...> wrote:
I had been using Flrig successfully for months in conjunction with Fldigi to drive my Ten-Tec Pegasus 550. Along comes Windows 10 Update and breaks something, but I can't figure out what. The interesting thing is, WSJT-X and N4PY are still working fine after the update -- same COM port, same USB-to-serial cable, same rig. The symptom under Flrig is that the Peg cycles rapidly between receive and transmit, about 2 flips per second, as though Flrig and the Peg cannot complete a fundamental handshake. I have verified that the FTDI-provided driver for the COM port is still in use. If it weren't, or if the new privacy settings were screwed up, WSJT-X shouldn't work but it does. Flrig version is 1.3.39. I have tried uninstalling it (along with deleting the flrig.files directory), then reinstalling. No difference.

Pointers appreciated!
73, Chuck, K4RGN