newbie question - decoding gibberish

Mike KK7ER

Hi.  I've read through the documentation and watched a few videos.
I'm acoustically coupling my laptop headset microphone to my Kenwood TS-130S.
I tuned to 14.070 and can see signals streaming by on the waterfall display.
The width of the signal seems to correspond to BPSK-63 so I chose that mode (although BPSK-31 behaves the same).
I turned off AGC on the PC audio capture path.
But i cannot decode any meaningful text -- just seemingly random characters.
I'm probably doing something stupid but have not yet figured it out.
I'm attaching a video and would like to get feedback from an experience user.
Thanks!

Mike