Re: Fldigi not following my transceiver

Gene Rozea

Check command echo and CAT command for PTT!

From: winfldigi@groups.io <winfldigi@groups.io> on behalf of Renee Culver <rmctwoo@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 9:38:06 PM
To: winfldigi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [winfldigi] Fldigi not following my transceiver

Rig control - attached

From: winfldigi@groups.io [mailto:winfldigi@groups.io] On Behalf Of Cliff
Sent: June 16, 2018 8:01 PM
To: winfldigi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [winfldigi] Fldigi not following my transceiver

Renee,

It will not transmit without rig control so it is expected that Tx will not work until the control problem is solved.

I don’t know what your “no” refers to. Please give complete descriptions of what you have done and results so I can help.

Please answer/comply with the 4 items below:

1. Have you setup RigCat as I described?

2. Please send a screen shot of your rig control config page.

3. What color is the printing on the Initialize button before and after clicking?

4. You installed the driver for the radio sound card with the USB cable disconnected, correct?

Cliff, AE5ZA

On Jun 16, 2018, at 16:27, Renee Culver <rmctwoo@...> wrote:

No but I have a new clue…..

The rig is not transmitting either.

Renee

From: winfldigi@groups.io [mailto:winfldigi@groups.io] On Behalf Of Cliff
Sent: June 16, 2018 4:34 PM
To: winfldigi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [winfldigi] Fldigi not following my transceiver

Very strange.

Try unplugging and reinserting the serial cable from the radio and the computer. Try the initialize again. Anything this time?

You say that you’re using Hamlib, but checking here I don’t see the 7300 in the list of rigs supported. What do you have selected in the Rig box?

I believe it would solve a lot of issues for you just to use RigCat.

Go the the Rig Cat page in fldigi Rig Control configuration.

Click on the dropdown list for the Rig Description File. Do do you see the 7300 in the list? If yes, is the checkbox at the top of the window “Use Rig Cat” checked? 

If the 7300 is not in the dropdown list then go to: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/xmls/icom/ and click on the IC-7300.XML file name and download it to your computer. Once you have it move the file to the “rigs” directory under fldigi.files directory. Close fldigi and reopen it to the Rig Control config page for RigCat. Select the file and set the Device contents to the correct Com port and set the correct baud rate. Verify that the Use RigCat box is checked at the top of the window.

The config page should look like the screen shot below except for the Com port and baud rate you have set.

<image001.png>

Now click Initialize. It should turn from red to black to indicate completion and you should have connection to the radio.

Working now?

Cliff, AE5ZA

On Jun 16, 2018, at 14:12, Renee Culver <rmctwoo@...> wrote:

Done---NOTHING happened L

Renee

Sent: June 16, 2018 3:04 PM

Check in fldigi configuration menu what you have selected in Rig Contol. I doubt that you will need to have dts/dtr checked.

Check that the com port is correct, baud rate is the same as the radio(CI-V USB Baud Rate) then click Initalize. What happens?

Cliff, AE5ZA

On Jun 16, 2018, at 13:54, Renee Culver <rmctwoo@...> wrote:

Cliff.

I have memory problems. I can’t remember what I pressed but it seems to me that I did.

Possibly…Im using hamlib but I don’t KNOW…

Dev mgr says I am using com3 for the port.

However dts/dtr not checked in rig control. What should they be?

Renee

Sent: June 16, 2018 2:41 PM

Ok. Sorry, but I missed your answers. Just found them.

Which rig control method are you using? i.e. RigCat, flrig, Hamlib?

Check the device manager in Windows to verify which Com port your radio’s sound card/serial port is on. Verify that is correct in the rig control.

You did click the Initialize button after setting up all the stuff for rig control, correct? 

Cliff, AE5ZA

On Jun 16, 2018, at 12:23, Renee Culver <rmctwoo@...> wrote:

FLDIGI IS CONTRLLING NOTHING.

Can fldigi control the radio at all, i.e. can you change frequency in fldigi and have the radio change to match?

Nu

From: winfldigi@groups.io <winfldigi@groups.io> On Behalf Of Cliff
Sent: June 16, 2018 1:11 PM

Please answer the other questions I posed in the last email. Just saying it’s not working gives me nothing to work from to help you with the problem.

Cliff, AE5ZA

On Jun 16, 2018, at 10:52, Renee Culver <rmctwoo@...> wrote:

Ok 4.0.17 is now installed and NOT working 

“First things to check are that the USB-Uart driver is installed in Windows then verify the baud rate in your rig setup matches what is set on the radio.”

Done- No gold…

Renee

Renee kc3ng

From: winfldigi@groups.io <winfldigi@groups.io> On Behalf Of Cliff
Sent: June 16, 2018 10:45 AM

Hi Renee,

First of all I would recommend getting the GA release of fldigi-4.0.17. 4.0.17.65 is a test version.

Can fldigi control the radio at all, i.e. can you change frequency in fldigi and have the radio change to match?

First things to check are that the USB-Uart driver is installed in Windows then verify the baud rate in your rig setup matches what is set on the radio.

Let us know what you find.

Cliff, AE5ZA

On Jun 16, 2018, at 09:26, Renee Culver <rmctwoo@...> wrote:

I’ve had fldigi installed on this processor previously and it worked fine.

However I just installed fldigi v4.0.1765 on Win 10 v1803 (17692). Fldigi is not following frequency wise. There is a shielded cable from the IC-7300 to the 16gb Lenovo W520.

Renee KC3NG

Join winfldigi@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.