Re: XML File

Marty Hartwell

Hi Dave

I haven't used RigCat in a long time but when I did get the rig
file I opened it in the browser, and then saved the contents in
the rig folder in Fldigi. I don't know if it works that way now
or not.

Marty kd8bj

On 04/09/2018 12:16 PM, David Stewart wrote:
Bruce
 Thank you so much!
That is easier to understand than:-- Put the XML file in the fldigi folder!!!
Dave
AA0AE
On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Bruce N7XGR <n7xgr1@... <mailto:n7xgr1@...>> wrote:
Dave,  This is how to put a XML file into FLdigi.  If you have
downloaded the XML
file from Sourceforge then do the following.  From where that XML
file is downloaded to
you copy and paste from there and paste it here,
C:\Users\YourName\fldigi.files\rigs
In FLdigi select Configure>Rig Control>RigCAT Tab.  Click on Open
next to the
Rig description file, navigate to the rigs folder where you pasted
the XML file
then select it there.
Bruce  N7XGR
On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 12:36 PM, David Stewart <aa0ae1@...
<mailto:aa0ae1@...>> wrote:
I Think my problem is i am getting programs confused. my main
concern is the part in previous post. How would i put a xml file
in Fldigi? is it as simple as copy paste to notepad, then place
in the Fldigi main file and then let Flrig find the file?
Dave
AA0AE
On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 11:04 AM, Cliff <ae5zaham@...
<mailto:ae5zaham@...>> wrote:
Flrig does NOT use a XML file. That is ONLY for RigCat and
in that case you put the file downloaded from the fldigi
website in the Rigs Directory in the fldigi parent directory.
Flrig has all the rig info built in so just select the rig
in the flrig config window and then set the parameters as
needed. Read the flrig manual!!!

On Apr 9, 2018, at 09:19, David Stewart <aa0ae1@...
<mailto:aa0ae1@...>> wrote:

Group

My Question is: How would i put a xml file in Fldigi? is
it as simple as copy paste to notepad, then place in the
Fldigi main file and then let Flrig find the file?

I have tried that and Flrig doesn't work. is some one
would give me a do this list i would appreciate it. I am
lost when customizing software to a use with a rig.
Computer is dell w/ windows 7 pro.
rig is 857d connected with a rig blaster pro.

I have some luck using above combination. The computer
does receive and transmit signals. Decoding could use
improvement in most modes the transmit seems to work fine,
at least the other end of the qso responds accordingly.

also if i use N7YG's Yaesu FT-857 CAT Controller will it
interfere with Fldigi or Flrig.

Dave
AAoae