FT-990 and flrig

Gene Rozea

I've been trying to use flrig connect to my FT-990 but there are two versions, FT990 and FT990a. Neither seems to operate correctly. The 990a version doesn't connect and the 990 version seems to be in a loop of some sort. No error messages but haven't looked at the log files yet. Baud rate and character configuration is correct. Hamlib works fine but the response is slow. I use flrig on the IC-7300 and it functions beautifully. The 990 works perfectly with Mixw using the same com port and char config.
Any ideas?
What are the differences between the 990 and 990a flrig control files?
Thanks,
Gene - K1AVE