Re: AX25 KISS in FLdigi for packet using newer robust modes

Gene Rozea

I use MixW which has the software modem built in. Works well on 2M and my FT-817.

From: KP3FT via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:13 PM
To: winfldigi@groups.io
Subject: [winfldigi] AX25 KISS in FLdigi for packet using newer robust modes

Does anyone know of WIndows packet terminal programs that connect via TCP/IP KISS ?  I want to experiment with AX25 connection using newer more robust modes than the conventional AFSK 300 baud.  I enabled KISS and AX25 Decode in FLDigi, and it appears to work with Cross Country Wireless' "APRS Messenger".  Using APRS Messenger as a basic terminal for keyboard-to-keyboard connection is awkward though.

There's a very good write-up on setting this up in Linux, but it's not applicable in Windows.

I already tried UZ7HO's EasyTerm which doesn't work with FLdigi, apparently because EasyTerm doesn't connect via KISS.  I also tried AGWTERM, but that locks up.

Tnx, 73
Jeff KP3FT