Mauno_Ritola

-------- Välitetty viesti / Fwd.Msg --------
Aihe: Re: [WOR] SDR.HU remote web receivers now only available to radio amateurs
Päiväys: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 14:27:50 +0200
Lähettäjä: Mauno Ritola <mauno.ritola@...>
Vastaanottaja: WOR@groups.io

What an unbelievable decision! Hams from certain countries have used my remote receivers for more than a decade in many cases for cheating in QSO's and some hams closed their remote sites for that very reason. And still they are generally better than us?

Mauno

David Kernick kirjoitti 7.1.2020 klo 14:06:

Sadly, the very useful SDR.HU network of web receivers scattered over the globe is now open only to those in possession of an amateur radio licence. Apart from Global Tuners, is anyone aware of any other website offering access to remote receivers?

David Kernick, Interval Signals Online

Bry Carling AF4K

I’m sure Mauno makes a good point!

But to the other gentleman you should try this:

http://web sdr.org

You will find many many remote receivers there with open access, and if you are not a licensed radio amateur that is the thing that you need.

Best regards - Bry Carling, AF4K

Lähettäjä: Mauno Ritola <mauno.ritola@...>
Vastaanottaja: WOR@groups.io

What an unbelievable decision! Hams from certain countries have used my remote receivers for more than a decade in many cases for cheating in QSO's and some hams closed their remote sites for that very reason. And still they are generally better than us?

Mauno

David Kernick kirjoitti 7.1.2020 klo 14:06:
Sadly, the very useful SDR.HU network of web receivers scattered over the globe is now open only to those in possession of an amateur radio licence. Apart from Global Tuners, is anyone aware of any other website offering access to remote receivers?

David Kernick, Interval Signals Online

Chris Mackerell

This appears to use it's own software though, so is of no use to
people like me who run their own KiwiSDRs.

Cheers, Chris

--
Chris Mackerell, 217 Sandy Bay-Marahau Road, Marahau
R.D. 2, Motueka 7197, New Zealand

Mario Roessler, DH5YM

From some Twitter post i read
http://www.kiwisdr.com/public/
should be a working directory for KiwiSDR.

I also do not like the decision of to make the sdr.hu directory only visible for registered users but we have to accept that this is the decision of HA7ILM and he probably has good reasons to do so. I would not blame him for that. In the end it is his page and he pays for it, so he can decide who is using it.

For other forks of openwebrx there might be other directories in the future.

DJ Kraze

I don’t disagree with the decision to have registered users, but not everyone who knows how to use a communications receiver has a ham call-sign. I’ve been an SWL for nearly 45 years and always used those radios respectfully

Sent from Mail for Windows 10