Topics

Event: 24th Weekly Webheads Open Mic Sandbox FUNinar VWMOOC edition not on Sunday but on Saturday 12 Sept noon UTC - Saturday, 12 September 2020 #cal-invite

webheadsinaction@groups.io Calendar <webheadsinaction@...>

24th Weekly Webheads Open Mic Sandbox FUNinar VWMOOC edition not on Sunday but on Saturday 12 Sept noon UTC

When:
Saturday, 12 September 2020
12:00pm to 1:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86348591771?pwd=MVljKzFjemhsaXdRK2FxMUkycVN0dz09

Organizer: Vance Stevens vancestev@...

Greetings,

You might recall that I sent the message pasted below to the list this week. Since then I have had no objection so I'm going to go with what I suggested, and have the 24th Weekly Webheads Open Mic Sandbox FUNinar - VWMOOC edition not on Sunday but on Saturday 12 Sept noon UTC

I will blog the event at https://learning2gether.net as Learning2gether episode 489. Since I will be working on that post the next day, Sunday, I prefer not to meet with Webheads on that day and then (call me lazy) have to blog that event the following day. BUT if for any reason someone wants to meet for whatever reason I am available.

So for this week's Webheads in Action event we will join VWMOOC20 Sat Sept 12 1200 UTC to see Minnie Guzheng present with Dr. Doris Molero on Minnie's contribution to Doris's Virtually Anywhere Language Learning Project.

The event is in Zoom, link and password given below, and you can always check http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/ for any updates and quick access to the time where you are and connection details.

Pasted message ...

Doris Molero came by [last Sunday Sept 6] to show us her Virtually Anywhere Language Learning Project and to introduce us to her new assistant in Second Life there, Minnie Guzheng. Minnie's avatar, as created by Doris, is quite smart :-)

2020-09-06minnieAvatar

Minnie and Doris are presenting jointly at the VWMOOC20 event taking place all month this month. Somehow we thought their presentation would be next Sunday at noon UTC, and this got us excited because it would be right at Webheads time next week, but according to the schedule, it's on Saturday, not on Sunday
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ew-wl9hai5JcMDMxDzhjICell7N4pb4JWClr0JJk75U/edit

Since I'm in Malaysia 95% of the VWMOOC presentations happen during times when I am in alpha dream state, but this one is at a convenient waking time for me and for others in Malaysia. I plan to attend, and it has people presenting who have been in the last several Webheads Sunday events, so I'm seriously considering having a 24th Weekly Webheads Open Mic Sandbox FUNinar- VWMOOC edition, on SATURDAY next week. I don't know if we'll be invited in SL but the public is invited into Zoom as it says here:

VWMOOC20 Sat Sept 12 1200 UTC Minnie Guzheng
Time where you are: 5.00 am SLT / 8 AM EST

Michelle  Wang

(Minnie Guzheng)

Virtually Anywhere: Terracotta Army- Transmedia Storytelling and Music

Password: 719629 (Click on the title above to access the ZOOM meeting)

Join us and get immersed in the stories behind the music. In China music tells stories of farewell between friends, or encouraging soldiers to win battles. Michelle will be performing a piece of music that represents 5 Chinese Stories.

Hope to see you there,
Vance

Vance Stevens

Hi all,

I've just put the final touches on my archive post from last Saturday's Virtual Worlds MOOC presentation organized in Second Life by long-time Webhead Doris Molero and broadcast in Zoom by another long-time Webhead Nellie Deutsche. In our most recent Weekly Webheads Open Mic Sandbox FUNinars we have been joined by Minnie (Michelle) Wang, a student in English of Han Chee (another Webhead from the old days), both of whom have been hanging out with us in the Webheads revival open mic sessions recently.

Whenever Doris has dropped by she has talked about her Virtually Anywhere project, which has as one of its episodes an adventure at the tombs over which the terracotta warriors stand guard (the adventure is to retrieve artifacts from the tomb near the river of mercury there). When Doris met Minnie at our Webheads webinars, and learned she played guzheng (Chinese zither) she recruited her to help authenticate this episode and created an avatar for her in Second Life, whom we met in our meeting Sept 12, Learning2gether episode 489, archived here
https://learning2gether.net/2020/09/12/24th-weekly-webheads-open-mic-sandbox-funinar-minnie-wang-presents-guzheng-at-vwmooc20/

In this recording you can see the YouTube video that Nellie made Sept 12 of Minnie's playing and Doris's tour afterwards. Heike Philp, another longstanding Webhead who was there, also sent me a video file that I haven't had time to process yet. But there are a number of screen shots of the event from promotions of the event and from Doris's Facebook post afterwards.

One reason I haven't had much time is that I've been involved in EVO and its deadline for proposals on September 13. My proposal for the past half dozen years has been on EVO Minecraft MOOC. Two of the moderators of EVOMC21 held an event in Minecraft last Monday that I recorded as Learning2gether episode 490, and archived here
https://learning2gether.net/2020/09/15/crafting-connections-for-cottage-communities-at-vste-minecraft-monday-14-sept-2020/

There's a video there of my ride on the railroad that the team were building to connect three villages that VSTE community members were repairing and protecting, and there's a discussion at the end of that about what they were doing and why to enhance the welfare of the hapless villagers who had been living in those villages.

Now that's all just to segue into this coming Sunday Sept 20, Learning2gether episode 491, and the 25th Weekly Webheads Open Mic Sandbox FUNinar - EVO Minecraft MOOC edition, which also happens to be a part of the month-long VWMOOC online conference, whose events are held in Zoom. This event takes place right at Webheads time noon UTC Sunday Sept 20, so that's what we'll be doing.

In a nutshell I'll be assembling a few of our EVOMC21 co-moderators and we're going to go off in search of a jungle river temple.

Where? In Zoom and in Minecraft

MOOCing about with EVO Minecraft MOOC 2021

Password: 522971

(Click on the title to access the ZOOM meeting)

Time where you are on Sunday, Sept 20

Noon UTC - https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=VWMOOC20+Sun+Sept+20+1200+UTC+-+EVO+Minecraft+MOOC+for+2021+&iso=20200920T12&p1=1440&ah=1

All are welcome, and you can find more details and updates here
http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32204849/FrontPage#Sun20SeptnoonUTC25thWeeklyWebheadsOpenMicSandboxFUNinarEVOMinecraftMOOCedition

I'll create a calendar event for it soonish,

Teacher Vance
(my Minecraft name)