Event: 24th Weekly Webheads Open Mic Sandbox FUNinar VWMOOC edition not on Sunday but on Saturday 12 Sept noon UTC - Saturday, 12 September 2020 #cal-invite

webheadsinaction@groups.io Calendar <webheadsinaction@...>

24th Weekly Webheads Open Mic Sandbox FUNinar VWMOOC edition not on Sunday but on Saturday 12 Sept noon UTC

When:
Saturday, 12 September 2020
12:00pm to 1:00pm
(UTC+00:00) UTC

Where:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86348591771?pwd=MVljKzFjemhsaXdRK2FxMUkycVN0dz09

Organizer: Vance Stevens vancestev@...

Greetings,

You might recall that I sent the message pasted below to the list this week. Since then I have had no objection so I'm going to go with what I suggested, and have the 24th Weekly Webheads Open Mic Sandbox FUNinar - VWMOOC edition not on Sunday but on Saturday 12 Sept noon UTC

I will blog the event at https://learning2gether.net as Learning2gether episode 489. Since I will be working on that post the next day, Sunday, I prefer not to meet with Webheads on that day and then (call me lazy) have to blog that event the following day. BUT if for any reason someone wants to meet for whatever reason I am available.

So for this week's Webheads in Action event we will join VWMOOC20 Sat Sept 12 1200 UTC to see Minnie Guzheng present with Dr. Doris Molero on Minnie's contribution to Doris's Virtually Anywhere Language Learning Project.

The event is in Zoom, link and password given below, and you can always check http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/ for any updates and quick access to the time where you are and connection details.

Pasted message ...

Doris Molero came by [last Sunday Sept 6] to show us her Virtually Anywhere Language Learning Project and to introduce us to her new assistant in Second Life there, Minnie Guzheng. Minnie's avatar, as created by Doris, is quite smart :-)

2020-09-06minnieAvatar

Minnie and Doris are presenting jointly at the VWMOOC20 event taking place all month this month. Somehow we thought their presentation would be next Sunday at noon UTC, and this got us excited because it would be right at Webheads time next week, but according to the schedule, it's on Saturday, not on Sunday
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ew-wl9hai5JcMDMxDzhjICell7N4pb4JWClr0JJk75U/edit

Since I'm in Malaysia 95% of the VWMOOC presentations happen during times when I am in alpha dream state, but this one is at a convenient waking time for me and for others in Malaysia. I plan to attend, and it has people presenting who have been in the last several Webheads Sunday events, so I'm seriously considering having a 24th Weekly Webheads Open Mic Sandbox FUNinar- VWMOOC edition, on SATURDAY next week. I don't know if we'll be invited in SL but the public is invited into Zoom as it says here:

VWMOOC20 Sat Sept 12 1200 UTC Minnie Guzheng
Time where you are: 5.00 am SLT / 8 AM EST

Michelle  Wang

(Minnie Guzheng)

Virtually Anywhere: Terracotta Army- Transmedia Storytelling and Music

Password: 719629 (Click on the title above to access the ZOOM meeting)

Join us and get immersed in the stories behind the music. In China music tells stories of farewell between friends, or encouraging soldiers to win battles. Michelle will be performing a piece of music that represents 5 Chinese Stories.

Hope to see you there,
Vance

Join webheadsinaction@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.