Re: Sun 12 July noon UTC - 16th Webheads Weekly Sunday Sandbox OpenMic-inar #learning2gether #webheadsinaction #talin2020

Vance Stevens

Hi everyone,

The podcast where Vance Stevens, Laine Marshall, and Graham Stanley discussed SOFLA in detail on Sunday July 12 at the 16th Webheads Revival Weekly Sunday Sandbox Open Mic-inar has been archived at https://learning2gether.net/2020/07/12/vance-stevens-and-laine-marshall-discuss-sofla-in-detail-at-the-16th-webheads-revival-weekly-sunday-sandbox-open-mic-inar/

In this sandbox event, also the 31st TALIN webinar and Learning2gether episode 477, I had sought to sneak-preview my thoughts on designing a workshop to be given online to a group of PhD students in Rabat Morocco on July 16 at which I would apply the SOFLA model to the topic they asked me to speak on, Online Language Learning and Teaching (OLLT). I've been working on a portal for the event here, http://ollt2020.pbworks.com/

SOFLA stands for synchonous online flipped learning approach, and it's a model which Laine has been developing over the past few years. The podcast archive provides a sneak preview look at her most recent article on the topic.

There's also information there about other events this week at which Laine is speaking about SOFLA and flipped learning. One of these is a Flipped Learning Q&A with Laine Marshall and Carolina Rodriguez Buitrago https://www.facebook.com/TeachingEnglish.BritishCouncil/posts/3543819558966239 happening at noon UTC, today, Tuesday, July 14.

For more information on all our activities, including Laine's events and my workshop on OLLT scheduled for July 16, see http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/ and/or https://tinyurl.com/talin2020

Next Sunday, July 19, Graham and I intend to carry on this discussion comparing my notes on how it went with his plans to apply the SOFLA model to a workshop he is giving on July 24. I'll create a calendar event for the Webheads sandbox event before next Sunday, and I presume Graham will be telling us more about his workshop shortly.

Hope to see you online at one or more of these events.

Join webheadsinaction@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.