Sun 12 July noon UTC - 16th Webheads Weekly Sunday Sandbox OpenMic-inar #learning2gether #webheadsinaction #talin2020

Vance Stevens

Hi everyone and good morning from Penang,

As you might know if you're following me on Facebook, my wife Bobbi and I took a week-long staycation in Malaysia last week, taking advantage of the low covid risk in the country, and trying to get it in before they start allowing foreign tourists to enter, in which case we would likely personally revert to lockdown. We spent our time on two islands in the Perhentian chain, with poor connectivity and even electricity being rationed on the 'little' island.

So we didn't get much done (during surface intervals) while there, but we returned to Penang this morning on an overnight bus from Koala Besut. We got a little sleep on the bus, rounded that off on arrival at our apartment, and I'm now feeling good to go for this evening's (Penang time) ...

Sun 12 July noon UTC - 16th Webheads Weekly Sunday Sandbox OpenMic-inar

TALIN event #31

Learning2gether #477

Vance Stevens will sneak preview a workshop he'll be giving online to a group of PhD students in Rabat Morocco on July 16.

Vance has just returned to Penang after a week's Malaysian stay-cation, ending in an all-night bus ride.

For more information, see these ...

Related links

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82485486906

Meeting ID: 824 8548 6906

Password: preview

Normally I would set an event for this, and I might still do that, but I'm just getting back to where I left off on this a week ago, so I wanted to alert all on this list that I will be in the above Zoom room, password 'preview' ready to try some of the tools with you that I intend to use with the Moroccan PhD students on July 16. I may not have polished my act by tonight (your morning perhaps) but as I'll be among friends, I'd appreciate your advice on how I might explain while demonstrating experientially how to teach online (my assigned topic).

Hope to see you there,

Teacher Vance (in Minecraft)
Webhead Link (in SL)

Join webheadsinaction@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.