The next ten day May 11-20 at #talin2020, #learning2gether #webheadsinaction

Vance Stevens

Hi everyone,

Hope you enjoyed the Virtual Round Table this past weekend. Heike has posted links to all the recordings at the program page, here, so you can't complain that you missed it :-) http://bit.ly/VRT2020

This is to let you know what's coming up with TALIN this week and into the next.

TODAY, in just a couple of hours, Mon 11 May at 1300 UTC - TALIN hosts Karen Schwarze on Teaching Natural Language Processing in English Classes. There is an event set for this one at https://www.facebook.com/events/1057473017982164/  and posts of that have been shared in our Facebook groups. In a nutshell Karen is exploring the interface between teaching English and NLP (natural language processing) through coding. Should be interesting, and more details including the time of the event where you are, can be found here:

On Fri 15 May, again at 1300 UTC, TALIN hosts Nik Peachey - So what next with teaching in lockdown?
Nik is an excellent, but very busy presenter , so I've asked him to relax for this one and engage us in a discussion which he has themed, What's next with teaching in lockdown? You can find more details about his presentation here:

On Sun 17 May at 11:30 UTC to accommodate Susan Marandi in Iran (but extending to 13:00, so pop in when you can) Webheads hold their 8th Regular Weekly Revival Meeting. This event is "designed" to be spontaneous and informal, though anyone who wishes can propose a topic.  This hangout repeats each Sunday, and details of the one coming up are here:
http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#Sun17MayNoonUTCnbspRegularWebheadsWeeklyRevivalMeeting8repeatseachSunday

And then the week after that on Wed May 20 at 1400 UTC - Dilip Barad will discuss with us challenges and successes in Conducting Remote Hands-on Workshop with learners in India. More information can be found here
http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#Wed20May1400UTCTALINhostsnbspDilipBaradnbspOnConductingRemoteHandsonWorkshop

After that we have no events planned but I have it on good authority that Graham Stanley and Maggie Sokolik are considering writing themselves in. You can write yourself in as well. We like discussions, so whether you want to present information of use to us or simply engage us in dialog, you can, and here's how:

If you want to propose an event

  1. Visit https://tinyurl.com/talin2020
    Click on “Request Edit Access” to the left of your profile picture at the top of this page

  2. Wait for approval

  3. Write in your event on the schedule. Give the time in UTC if you can, and give the time in your location also as a double check on time

All these events take place in the TALIN2020 Zoom room
https://zoom.us/j/433888485
Meeting ID: 433 888 485
Password: talin2020

More information on all TALIN and Learning2gether events can be found at http://tinyurl.com/learning2gether or https://tinyurl.com/talin2020;
or see any event notices at https://www.facebook.com/groups/talin2020

Hope to see you soon at one of more of these,

Vance

Join webheadsinaction@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.