Weaving Rag Rugs by Tom Knisely

Louise Yale

Does anyone have this book?

Specifically, does he include instructions and drafts for....

"Stitched Double Cloth" also known as "Swedish Double Binding," a rug
technique that produces a 2 sided textile woven with wefts that stack on
top of each other creating a sturdy double faced cloth?

This is not double weave or double cloth. The two faces of the cloth are
literally "stitched" together in the weave.

Does anyone know of another source for this draft?

I checked Handweaving.net without success.

The Handwoven Magazine index has a brief article and description by Tom
Knisely but no draft.

Thanks in advance.

Louise in Northern California

Kaaren Reid

Try Collingwoods first rug book.  I don't know what name is under, but it's in there.

Sent from my Galaxy

Specifically, does he include instructions and drafts for....

"Stitched Double Cloth" also known as "Swedish Double Binding," a rug
technique that produces a 2 sided textile woven with wefts that stack on
top of each other creating a sturdy double faced cloth?

This is not double weave or double cloth. The two faces of the cloth are
literally "stitched" together in the weave.

Does anyone know of another source for this draft?

I checked Handweaving.net without success.

The Handwoven Magazine index has a brief article and description by Tom
Knisely but no draft.

Thanks in advance.

Louise in Northern California

Paula Becker

I have instructions how to do this and a draft. I can look at Peter Collingwood's Techniques of Rug Weaving tomorrow.

Paula

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 22:04, Kaaren Reid
<kaaren.reid@...> wrote:
Try Collingwoods first rug book.  I don't know what name is under, but it's in there.

Sent from my Galaxy

Specifically, does he include instructions and drafts for....

"Stitched Double Cloth" also known as "Swedish Double Binding," a rug
technique that produces a 2 sided textile woven with wefts that stack on
top of each other creating a sturdy double faced cloth?

This is not double weave or double cloth. The two faces of the cloth are
literally "stitched" together in the weave.

Does anyone know of another source for this draft?

I checked Handweaving.net without success.

The Handwoven Magazine index has a brief article and description by Tom
Knisely but no draft.

Thanks in advance.

Louise in Northern California

margcoe

I'm pretty sure this technique is in Meany & Pfaff’s “Rag Rug Handbook”.

Marg

Sent from iDevice
coeweaves.com
e-weave-online.thinkific.com

On May 3, 2021, at 9:04 PM, Kaaren Reid <kaaren.reid@...> wrote:

Try Collingwoods first rug book.  I don't know what name is under, but it's in there.

Sent from my Galaxy

Specifically, does he include instructions and drafts for....

"Stitched Double Cloth" also known as "Swedish Double Binding," a rug
technique that produces a 2 sided textile woven with wefts that stack on
top of each other creating a sturdy double faced cloth?

This is not double weave or double cloth. The two faces of the cloth are
literally "stitched" together in the weave.

Does anyone know of another source for this draft?

I checked Handweaving.net without success.

The Handwoven Magazine index has a brief article and description by Tom
Knisely but no draft.

Thanks in advance.

Louise in Northern California

Joe P

Hi Everyone

Marge is right. Louise page 75 of the Rag Rug Hand Book it has all of the information you will need from the warp how wide to cut weft rag and the pattern easy to understand and the weaving draft to set up the different blocks and the tie up. The rugs turn out great and it is easy to design you own style blocks. The rugs are fun to weave. The rugs in time take about 1/2 to 3/4 more time than a regular rag rug. and the rugs sell very well

Keep Weaving
Joe Bear in WI U.S.A.

Specifically, does he include instructions and drafts for....

"Stitched Double Cloth" also known as "Swedish Double Binding," a rug
technique that produces a 2 sided textile woven with wefts that stack on
top of each other creating a sturdy double faced cloth?

This is not double weave or double cloth. The two faces of the cloth are
literally "stitched" together in the weave.

Does anyone know of another source for this draft?

I checked Handweaving.net without success.

The Handwoven Magazine index has a brief article and description by Tom
Knisely but no draft.

Thanks in advance.

Louise in Northern California

Diane