The wave stick project - completion update

Louise Yale

Hi again
Ordered the fusible thread on amazon. The vendor sent a package
containing neon orange air brush paint!!
Contacted the vendor and they sent the correct fusible thread.

The fusible thread is made in Germany.

Wove a short scarf with some Jagger spun wool warp.

The weft was hand dyed, hand spun milkweed and wool singles wound onto a
bobbin with the fusible thread.

The completed weaving was sandwiched between 2 layers of baking parchment
and steamed with a heavy iron for one minute.

The fusible thread does hold the narrow waves in place. The wider waves
(the opposite side of the stick) were not as visible.

Used various combinations of the wave stick and plain weaving. There was
some draw-in with some of the wave patterns.

This is not a sturdy scarf but the wave pattern does stay in place.

With the wave stick, the usual rhythm of weaving was different.

The wave stick is being retired. The tiger striped wood and the shape are
beautiful as a sculptural piece.

Louise in Northern California

Silvia Leidig, MSW

What is the name/brand/vendor of the thread? I so miss the YLI one.
Thanks for any information.
Silvia

On Jun 15, 2021, at 10:30 AM, Louise Yale via groups.io <cafeina=pacific.net@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Sally O

Thanks for reporting back, Louise.

If you have a chance to take a photo and post a photo, that would be interesting.

Sally

Louise Yale

Took photos on and off the loom after steaming.

How do I post to the group? I am new to smart phones. Have an LG.
Louise

Thanks for reporting back, Louise.

If you have a chance to take a photo and post a photo, that would be
interesting.

Sally

Louise Yale

Gutermann brand
amazon vendor Junipers

Louise

[...]

Thank you. Glad to hear it works. Looking forward to seeing picts of your work.
Silvia

On Jun 15, 2021, at 12:38 PM, Louise Yale via groups.io <cafeina=pacific.net@groups.io> wrote:

Gutermann brand
amazon vendor Junipers

Louise

[...]

Technical question re: sending photos to weavetech.

Sent a photo to the email address for weavetech on the smart phone. The
photo seems to have appeared on my smart phone but not on the laptop.

Is anyone else receiving the photo?
Thanks.
Louise

Thanks for reporting back, Louise.

If you have a chance to take a photo and post a photo, that would be
interesting.

Sally

Joe P

Hi Everyone and Lousie.

I did not get you post with the picture.

Later tonight, I am going to try and post a couple of pictures with the apple tablet. Will be first pictures I ever posted. Part of computer class homework 1 step from learning how to use Zoom.

When I was a manager of a Singer Sewing Store, we are going back some years. We sold Gutermann thread made in Germany it is the best thread.

Looking forward to seeing your project.

Keep Weaving
Joe Bear in WI U.S.A.

Technical question re: sending photos to weavetech.

Sent a photo to the email address for weavetech on the smart phone. The
photo seems to have appeared on my smart phone but not on the laptop.

Is anyone else receiving the photo?
Thanks.
Louise

> Thanks for reporting back, Louise.
>
> If you have a chance to take a photo and post a photo, that would be
> interesting.
>
> Sally

Louise Yale

Hi Joe & everyone

I am Louise, not Lousie.

Look forward to seeing your photos online, Joe.

Have been successful in sending photos to a phone number. Is there a phone
number/contact for weavetech?

Louise

________________________________
Technical question re: sending photos to weavetech.

Sent a photo to the email address for weavetech on the smart phone. The
photo seems to have appeared on my smart phone but not on the laptop.

Is anyone else receiving the photo?
Thanks.
Louise

Thanks for reporting back, Louise.

If you have a chance to take a photo and post a photo, that would be
interesting.

Sally

Amy N

Louise and all - you can attach your pictures to an email to the list or you can log in to the group.io site for WeaveTech (the link is at the bottom of every list email) and upload to the Files section there.

There is no way to “text” WeaveTech the pictures (ie. With a phone number).

Amy Norris
WeaveTech Admin

On Jun 15, 2021, at 2:29 PM, Louise Yale via groups.io <cafeina@...> wrote:

Took photos on and off the loom after steaming.

How do I post to the group? I am new to smart phones. Have an LG.
Louise

Thanks for reporting back, Louise.

If you have a chance to take a photo and post a photo, that would be
interesting.

Sally

Louise Yale

Amy
The log-in below just shows that groups.io is for sale for $309,999 USD.

Will call Verizon tomorrow for instructions.

Louise

Louise and all - you can attach your pictures to an email to the list or
you can log in to the group.io <http://group.io/> site for WeaveTech (the
link is at the bottom of every list email) and upload to the Files section
there.

There is no way to “textâ€&#65533; WeaveTech the pictures (ie. With a phone