Notice of Virginia West passing

Sally O

Obituary in the Baltimore Sun:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/obituaries/bs-md-ob-virginia-martin-20210328-gmpucifgwnawtlbie46w5whfny-story.html

I was sad to learn this today.

I remember it wasn't too many years ago that MAFA held a fashion and trunk show of her garments which was just fabulous.

Sally

Su Butler

Sorry to hear this news.  Virginia was a lovely person and a generous and knowledgeable weaver.

Su Butler

Maryse

I never met her but heard lots of good things about her.  She certainly will be missed.

Maryse Levenson

Sorry to hear this news.  Virginia was a lovely person and a generous and knowledgeable weaver.

Su Butler

Mary Underwood

A bright light gone. Thank you for letting the weaving community know Sally.

Mary

Kati Meek

Thank you Sally, for the link to our Virginia West’s obituary. Wow, 96 years!  What a treasure she was to our weaving world.  May she rest in Peace. Kati Meek

Treadle with Joy,
Treehouse Studio in the Cedar Swamp
Alpena, Michigan

Sally O

I first became aware of her at Convergence 1998 Atlanta. She submitted a bias cut dress that was getting top votes for the "viewer's choice" award along with a wedding dress submission, and the black "penny" pocket dress, woven by a student. I had no idea when I saw her at that conference she would have been 73 at the time. She always had an elegant and fashionable presence.

Sigrid Piroch

Stellar weaver, good friend. Authored books, including one an weaving on the diagonal! May she rest in piece.

Sigrid at ARTS

On Mar 29, 2021, at 2:06 PM, Sally O <s.orgren@...> wrote:

Obituary in the Baltimore Sun:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/obituaries/bs-md-ob-virginia-martin-20210328-gmpucifgwnawtlbie46w5whfny-story.html

I was sad to learn this today.

I remember it wasn't too many years ago that MAFA held a fashion and trunk show of her garments which was just fabulous.

Sally

Vicky McAdams

I have one of her books:
Finishing Touches for the Handweaver
Great reference. She will be remembered.

- Vicky McAdams

On May 1, 2021, at 10:15 AM, Sigrid Piroch via groups.io <jacquardweaver@...> wrote:

Stellar weaver, good friend. Authored books, including one an weaving on the diagonal! May she rest in piece.

Sigrid at ARTS

On Mar 29, 2021, at 2:06 PM, Sally O <s.orgren@...> wrote:

Obituary in the Baltimore Sun:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/obituaries/bs-md-ob-virginia-martin-20210328-gmpucifgwnawtlbie46w5whfny-story.html

I was sad to learn this today.

I remember it wasn't too many years ago that MAFA held a fashion and trunk show of her garments which was just fabulous.

Sally

Julie George

This is a woven self portrait woven by Virginia West that was displayed at the Miller’s Thumb in Greensboro, VT in 2015. I was blown away by her talents.