Melbourne visit

afield <afield@...>

Martha,
The Meat Market in Melbourne closed down a couple of years ago. The Victorian Tapestry
Workshop is just great. They are at 260 Park St, South Melbourne. They have tours and
would be well worth a visit. And the Plant Cottage in the Botanical Gardens is worth a
visit-they do lots of natural dyeing. I don't have an address for the Victorian guild
but e-mail Kaye Cooper at spinfelt@bigpond.com (she is their workshop co-ordinator) and
she can tell you the details. The guild rooms are open 5 days a week. Also the Yarn
Barn is worth a visit, the have great yarns. Kaye would know their address. I was over
there teaching in April and the guild were very friendly.

It is good to be back on the list, I have been off it for several months while I was
away teaching in Australia and the USA.

Anne Field

We are going to be in Melbourne, Australia, from Sept. 16 - 20. Can anyone
suggest must-see fiber related things going on at that time? Is the Meat
Market (I think that's the name of it) still in operation?

Martha
--
Anne Field - Arts Centre - Christchurch - New Zealand.
See http://www.annefield.co.nz

Loomtex@...

Hello,
The website address for the Handweavers and Spinners Guild of Victoria
(Australia) is

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~handspin/index.htm

Regards
Heather Hassett

M Bartlett <marg.mike.bartlett@...>

Check out the TAFTA website www.ggcreations.com.au/tafta for future
exhibitions around Australia , state by state. This site is updated each
month