Megado - shaft does not reset

dlidema

I have a new to me Megado with Dobby 2.0.  Everything is fine when I treadle a "full pattern" - ex. tabby or twill.  But when I try to treadle the threading, Shaft 2 does not reset.  I have to stomp very hard on the treadle several times, and then it resets to Shaft 3.  This does not happen with any other shaft - only Shaft 2.
Anyone have this experience, or have thoughts on this?
Deborah Lewis-Idema

Fran Osten

Two possibilities:  do you have a large number of heddles bunched together on that shaft or 1 or 3?  The clearance between shafts is very small so if heddles are bunched close together there can be friction which will effect the shaft from returning to a resting position. You can mitigate the problem by spacing unused heddles across the shafts even between warp threads in a wider warp. And or you can weight the offending shaft (for a large cost you can purchase shaft weights from Louet —a metal bar imbedded in a wooden stick like those forming the top and bottom of the shafts) or you can improvise   Another possible cause could be that the wooden bar that controls as  the knife on each pic has warped or swollen by humidity. I used to have this problem every summer until we installed air conditioning.  I guess  it could also be the solenoid   You might want to contact Dave Van Stralen at Louet.  He recently told someone else to use Teflon spray on the pulleys,etc

Fran Osten
Goose Cove Looms

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 5:05 PM dlidema <dlidema@...> wrote:
I have a new to me Megado with Dobby 2.0.  Everything is fine when I treadle a "full pattern" - ex. tabby or twill.  But when I try to treadle the threading, Shaft 2 does not reset.  I have to stomp very hard on the treadle several times, and then it resets to Shaft 3.  This does not happen with any other shaft - only Shaft 2.
Anyone have this experience, or have thoughts on this?
Deborah Lewis-Idema

suki248

If you take the Dobby box off and look at the screw heads that the bar catches when weaving, they all need to be just a bit above the wood bar.  If one is lower and touching that wood you will have trouble with it. By adjusting the texsolve cords you can lift it. This may or may not do the trick, but they do need to be not touching that wood.