Lubricant for wood on metal

Bill Koepp <bgkoe@...>

want to
know what to do for wood on metal on the loom.
Metal or wood -
Johnson's Paste Wax in the yellow can. I avoid bottled waxes or silicones.
For metal rubbing on wood, use paraffin on both. Oil or grease can soak in
and make a dark stain.

Happy Shuttling ! - Bill Koepp in Central California

M Bartlett <marg.mike.bartlett@...>

This may have come up before but I probably not paying attention if it did.
I remember there has been dialogue on wood to wood lubrication but want to
know what to do for wood on metal on the loom. Any ideas please?

Regards
Marg

Dave Kuchta <dkuchta@...>

Once you've already messed up and put WD40 on the aluminum tracks and the
wood is stained, is there anyway to clean it up?
Dave
-> Oil or grease can soak in and make a dark stain.