From: weavetech@groups.io <weavetech@groups.io> on behalf of shirley browsky via groups.io <browskyshirley@...>
Sent: Saturday, January 8, 2022 3:47 PM
To: weavetech@groups.io <weavetech@groups.io>
Subject: [weavetech] Louet Klik Loom

I have recently acquired a Louet Klik 16 shaft loom (what was I thinking) but thought it would be great to sample for my AVL.  I know it is going to be a slow weaving process but would like to know of any experiences, hints, tips, tricks, thoughts and basically how do you like this loom?  Thanks

Jannie Taylor

Hi Shirley,

I don’t own a 16-shaft Klik, but several people have brought them to round-robin workshops over the years. My experience has been that the only full sample woven on it at the end of the workshop was woven by the owner.  I think the fact that it has 16 shafts is part of the problem, but most weavers seem to find it fussy and difficult to weave on. After a few picks, they go on to an easier loom.

Since it sounds like you bought this for your own use, I will say that the experienced loom owners were happy with the loom and were quite proficient weaving on it. Being able to sample 16-shaft designs on a small loom is really nice and it’s not like you would be weaving yards and yards on it.

Jannie

Warren and Judith Dumke

Greetings,

My tactic in taking a Klik to workshops has been to put an instruction sheet next to the loom and at the start of the active phase of the workshop let everyone know  I am available to start them and to help.  It seemed to work in most cases,  those who have not been able to finish their samples often had physical limitations which, understandably, limited what they could do.  I also clearly labeled each shaft in several location to make it easier.

Judy Dumke