loom manuals

Karen Donde

Hello,
Would someone kindly repost the source for old loom manuals? A friend is looking to revitalize an old Gilmore that belonged to her mother. She’s not a weaver, and the loom might need a little tune-up.

Thanks,
Karen

nancy

i think the source of old loom manuals has died.   however , i have two old gilmores and i have found the business to be very helpful so you/your friend might just contact them

/s/ nancy biggins who loves gilmore looms

On 4/9/2021 9:43 AM, Karen Donde wrote:
Hello,
Would someone kindly repost the source for old loom manuals? A friend is looking to revitalize an old Gilmore that belonged to her mother. She’s not a weaver, and the loom might need a little tune-up.
/s
Thanks,
Karen

https://www.avg.com

Michelle

The woman, Janet Meany, passed away last fall. Her family donated her loom manual collection the Minnesota Textile Museum Library so they are now accessible to all through them.

ME

Would someone kindly repost the source for old loom manuals? A friend is looking to revitalize an old Gilmore that belonged to her mother. She’s not a weaver, and the loom might need a little tune-up.

Thanks,
Karen

Janet Stollnitz

I heard that the collection of loom manuals and other materials collected by Janet Meany was donated to the Textile Center in Minneapolis.

Janet

Would someone kindly repost the source for old loom manuals? A friend is looking to revitalize an old Gilmore that belonged to her mother. She's not a weaver, and the loom might need a little tune-up.

Thanks,
Karen

Neal Goman

The Janet Meany Collection lives on at the Textile Center of MN.
https://textilecentermn.org/janet-meany-collection/
Neal in Mpls.

On 4/9/2021 11:48 AM, nancy via groups.io wrote:
i think the source of old loom manuals has died.   however , i have two old gilmores and i have found the business to be very helpful so you/your friend might just contact them

/s/ nancy biggins who loves gilmore looms

On 4/9/2021 9:43 AM, Karen Donde wrote:
Hello,
Would someone kindly repost the source for old loom manuals? A friend is looking to revitalize an old Gilmore that belonged to her mother. She’s not a weaver, and the loom might need a little tune-up.
/s
Thanks,
Karen

Kathleen Thorne

Karen, not only are the Gilmore folks very helpful through phone calls, they may be able to help with the loom's history; I believe each loom somewhere has its individual number -- and they can usually trace back to see when and to whom it was sold originally.   Now I have a question for all of you: is there anyone who is very familiar with the book "Jacob Angstadt Designs: drawn from His Weavers Patron Book"?   I'm working on some Hin und Wieder patterns, and  his book has some tie-ups I'm interested in. It says (Figure 4): "6-shaft work: Point work tie-ups" ... likewise there's also some 8-shaft point work tie-ups (figures 6-7);  however, the 6-shaft tie-ups seem to have 16 shafts/treadles, and the 8-shaft seems to have 22 shafts/treadles.  Obviously I'm missing something somewhere! Can anyone explain his rationale?

Gay McGeary

Hi Kathleen,

What you are looking at in Figure No. 4 is the drawdown for the 6 shaft Hin und wieder Arbeit (back & forth work). The tie- up can be found on Page No. 7 in Jacob Angstadt His Weavers Patron Book (A copy of the original manuscript). Do you have this book as well as the Jacob Angstadt Designs Drawn from His Weavers Patron Book?

I have attached my drawdown in my file labeled No 1 Angstadt. Angstadt No 1 file shows what you are looking at in his book “Drawn from” and Angstadt Page 7 shows the tie-up in his “Patron Book.”

I hope this helps.