Topics

Janet Meany

Joe P

Hi Everyone

Janet Meany and Paula Pfaff are the two authors of a weaving book called Rag Rug Handbook.
Janet, helped weavers with her loom manual library. Published weaving newsletter twice a year called the Weavers Friend. Janet Meany has passed away. Her family with her at the hospital. No covid-19

Paula Paff, Paula you have my condolence in the passing of you friend Janet.

Janet will be missed

Joe Bear

Alaire Rieffel

I’m so sorry!  She enriched my life!

--
Alaire Rieffel

Elizabeth Moncrief

I depended on Janet and her loom manual library to help me investigate old looms, make repairs, and bring them back into service. She’ll be missed by so many, for so many reasons.
Hugs to you, Paula.

Liz Moncrief,    www.aweaversway.com
Instagram address: moncriefliz

On Oct 23, 2020, at 3:26 PM, Joe P <rugsbyjoe@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone

Janet Meany and Paula Pfaff are the two authors of a weaving book called Rag Rug Handbook.
Janet, helped weavers with her loom manual library. Published weaving newsletter twice a year called the Weavers Friend. Janet Meany has passed away. Her family with her at the hospital. No covid-19

Paula Paff, Paula you have my condolence in the passing of you friend Janet.

Janet will be missed

Joe Bear

Kati Meek

What a gift to our weaving community Janet was. What a legacy she left us.  May she rest in peace, with tears, Kati
Kati Meek
Treehouse Studio
Alpena on the 45th

kathyo

I did not know Janet personally, but she helped me, through her webpage, find much needed information not available elsewhere.

Janet was gracious with her time and always always friendly and giving.

We grieve for her family’s loss.

kathyo and Peter
Granbury TX

Sharon Alderman

I'm sorry to get this sad news.  She was helpful to many of us.
Sharon Alderman

Linda Madden

It is sad news that Janet Meany has passed away.  She was a wonderful warm woman who was so generous with her time and knowledge of weaving.  We were blessed by her life.

Linda Madden

Sally O

Edited

Oh Joe,

Thank you so much for sharing this difficult news.
I am so very sorry to hear this.

I visited Janet in her home north of Duluth sometime between 2010 and 2014, and I spent a wonderful afternoon with her and her husband. I got to see all her amazing looms in the lower level. I was delighted when she came to the weaving history conference just a few years ago, and when she and Paula showed up at Convergence Milwaukee for the rag rug show and share in 2016 – I think there were more than 100 in attendence at that single event – it was a bit like having two rocks stars sitting in the front row of the audience.

She will be more than missed.
Sally

Sally O

Obituary can be found here:
https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/18719318/Janet-K-Meany

Also note: "In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts can be directed to the Janet Meany Collection at the Textile Center library (textilecentermn.org/support)."