Fw: Weaving History Conference Proposal Deadline Soon!

Nann Miller

I know some of you already have received this information, but it's a great conference whether you present or attend.  They did a great job via Zoom this past year!

From: Marina Loew <marina@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2022 2:32 PM
Subject: Weaving History Conference Proposal Deadline Soon!

Hello weaving and textile friends!

We are still seeking presentation proposals for this year’s Weaving History Conference (WHC) and I want to invite you to consider joining us as a presenter this year! As many of you know, the 27th Annual WHC will be held virtually once again, October 24-26. The deadline for proposals is July 29th, but let me know if you need an extension and we can work something out. Last year’s conference was an incredible success – not only did we have more than three times the amount of attendees over previous years, but we also gained new members and friends; increased our reach; and attracted an international audience. Not to mention the fabulous lineup of presenters and the huge amount of accolades they all received! Without our presenters there would be no conference, so thank you to those of you who have already submitted a proposal and to those of you who’ve presented with us in the past!

I truly hope you join us in October, whether as a presenter or attendee. I will send out notification when registration opens, but also keep an eye on our website for the most up to date information: https://tiartscenter.org/weaving-history-conference/ Please feel free to share this message with any you think might be interested, or have them reach out to me. As always, I’m here if you have any questions.

We here at the Handweaving Museum greatly appreciate your interest in and dedication to weaving and for helping to promote and encourage this wonderful craft.

Have a fabulous summer, everyone!

Marina

PS. Let me know if you no longer wish to receive emails about the conference and I’ll remove you from our list.

Curator

Thousand Islands Arts Center ~ Home of the Handweaving Museum

314 John Street, Clayton, NY 13624

(315) 686-4123

TIArtsCenter.org