Fiberworks PCW question

Sarah Saulson

Hi All, In Fiberworks, it is possible to set the size of the entire warp and weft from their respective menus.  The default setting is “4”.  Do you know what approximate EPIs correspond to those numbers?  Thank you.

Sarah Saulson

Sent from Mail for Windows

Linda

Hi Sarah,

You can change the thickness of the entire warp or weft from their respective menus - “fill thickness” for Mac, and “thickness” for Windows.

The bottom of your posts says “sent from Mail for Windows”, so I’m guessing you are talking Fiberworks for Windows. The thread thickness does not have anything to do with epi. If you want an idea of what a specific epi would look like, then you would just increase or decrease the magnification on your draft to match a ruler placed against the screen.

In Mac, you can set your epi under the View menu (“set scale”), because there is an option to show a ruler on your draft layout. You still have to figure out what proportion of thread thickness to use, between warp and weft, to get the right ppi (for anything other than ppi = epi). However, if you want to see what the scale would look like when woven, you still need to adjust your magnification to match the actual size.

Linda

On Nov 1, 2021, at 12:02 PM, Sarah Saulson <sarahsaulson@...> wrote:

Hi All, In Fiberworks, it is possible to set the size of the entire warp and weft from their respective menus.  The default setting is “4”.  Do you know what approximate EPIs correspond to those numbers?  Thank you.
Sarah Saulson

Sent from Mail for Windows

Doreen McLaughlin

            In Mac or PC?

            I use the thickness settings primarily for drafts with thick and thin wefts. So, if 4 = 20/2 warp & tabby, then 8 = thick. When transferring .wif drafts between different software into Fiberworks, I also “reset” the thickness of both the warp and the weft to the default 4.

            When printing out the threading and treadling, especially with numbers, I keep the smaller number at 3 or higher, even though the warp may be very thin, as the lines and the numbers stop matching up below 3.

Doreen